How often to you have to play the head bob game?

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
You know the one, your bird moves head around in wierd angles then fixes it's gaze. Then you mimic, then you repeat the same sort of random motions the same, then the bird repeats. My sun likes to play the head bob game at least once a day.

Jcas

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Jan 9, 2023
Parrots
Quaker, 2 budgies
Oh yeah, JJ the Quaker is totally into that, multiple times a day. Then at the end, sometimes he laughs! The things our birds get us to do 😄.

OP
clark_conure

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
It's cool cause it looks like they are dancing but I'm sure its in thier bird brain some sort of alpha contest.

Jcas

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Jan 9, 2023
Parrots
Quaker, 2 budgies
It's cool cause it looks like they are dancing but I'm sure its in thier bird brain some sort of alpha contest.
Probably, lol! JJ and I also play “ wings” in the morning when I’m doing my stretches. I stretch my arms back behind me and say,”wings!” and he’ll often stretch his wings back and shriek at me ( sometimes he just shrieks and doesn’t stretch his wings. I think the shrieking is his favorite part! 😅).

Most Reactions