I don't want it saved it passed saving. It falling apart slowly.

TenthDoctor34

Mar 13, 2022
New Zealand
Parrots
Dipsey and Charlie the cockatiels
My aviary is old as and I want it gone I said many times it passed saving. And parents like you dont know that and dad will look at.
I not looking at it from construction stand point only .I looking at it for a safe for birds stand point

Mum like dad will remesh it. It not the mesh it the frame the frame is toast and so rusty it crumbling away. That can't be fixed the roof lifted slightly in middle and so many issues and struggling to keep mice out and block gaps . It not safe anymore and If I spending money it be on something new.
It could be older than 30yrs

Like I thought dad agreed to build me new one. If not will go back to finding a builder or kitset .

Just argh they missing the point. And won't even let me get friend Dipsey or bring him in.

Like thought new avairy was only argument I had won .
IMG20230926122611.jpg

Like there roof. I'm pretty sure taking away one section will only cause issues and it not fix fact frame is too old to even do a thing. It crumbling away on all sides under and taking away a section just opens up even more to mice cuse outer wood at least stopped it on bottom entry but think top where they getting in or somewhere I can't see.

Free as a bird

Jul 29, 2023
Parrots
2 cockatiels
Sounds like your just going to have to ask your parents if you can buy a new aviary or build one

OP
TenthDoctor34

TenthDoctor34

Mar 13, 2022
New Zealand
Parrots
Sounds like your just going to have to ask your parents if you can buy a new aviary or build one
Yeah problem is they keep saying it can be saved
I thought had them agree to help me with new one
And materials suggested for new or fix avairy I think are unsafe materials for avairies as df suggested tannalised treated woods and galvanised mesh

I don't think he hearing me that stuff can be toxic

AndyO

Jan 20, 2024
Parrots
Quaker
Try using aluminum frames. You can either go with stainless steel mesh (expensive), or see if you can get someone to powder coat the regular galvanized mesh. I do not know the availability of the suggested materials in New Zealand, but that is how we build the cages here in Florida, USA. (Half owner/partner -cagemasters.com)

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
TenthDoctor34

TenthDoctor34

Mar 13, 2022
New Zealand
Parrots
Try using aluminum frames. You can either go with stainless steel mesh (expensive), or see if you can get someone to powder coat the regular galvanized mesh. I do not know the availability of the suggested materials in New Zealand, but that is how we build the cages here in Florida, USA. (Half owner/partner -cagemasters.com)
aww sadly I lost my last bird as he got fright and broke his wing, Had to say goodbye D: so don't need new aviary now. But that good to know for one day I hope.

Most Reactions

Latest posts