I killed my indian ringneck

Misty12

Sep 19, 2023
Parrots
Indian ringneck
I am probably the worst human being. He was my first ever pet im a minor. it all strated when i was on my bed i wqs sick and watching youtbe my parrot and i dont get along to well i dont hate him but all my efforts of taming him failed. he was close to my mom recently i went to my hometown andleft him with my uncle who took care of him well . so my mom cleaned the cage and left him in the cage i ws on my bed h was trying to open it and he gotout through the feeding gate he ormally used to walk around instead he ws flying around like crazy i got scared and treid to put him in cage so i closed the door he was flying low and remember he was hostile towards me i got scared and hid in a corner he went on and i heard a thud he hit the fan and fell on the ground he is no more

Last edited by a moderator:

kme3388

Sep 17, 2021
Minnesota, USA
Parrots
Eclectus Parrot: Nico (male)
Jenday Conure: Kiwi (female)
I’m very sorry for your loss. Accidents truly do happen. If you read through this forum there are many stories like this one, and they are more common then one would think. You aren’t a horrible person. I feel awful that this was your first pet, and that this was the experience.

If you do decide to get another parrot when you are ready know that bonding can take time. It can be a very slow process.

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (blue, yellowface, and dilute budgies)
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon)
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Snowberry (yellow-crowned amazon)
Cricket (pacific parrotlet)
I'm very sorry. Remember that he loved you and he wouldn't want you to blame yourself. Accidents happen, and it's important that you remember that there's nothing you could have done. You're not a horrible person and neither I nor your bird would want you to think you are. Take care of yourself... *Hugs*

Most Reactions

Latest posts