I really need help please!!!

dhiaa_eddine

Aug 2, 2023
Parrots
One lutino cockatiel
Hi! I get a lutino cocktail 5 days ago... Before I get it I researched about everything but I forgot something.. that I will start studying in school(highschool) this September and the cockatiel is about 37 day old and I still feeding him with a the syringe ... I know It will start feeding on its own until September but there is another problem that I will go to school from 8am to 12pm and then from 1:30pm to 5:30pm every single day except friday and Saturday
so I'm soo afraid... What I will do with the bird because I know he needs to be out of the cage at least 2 to 3 hours every day and this thing that I didn't pay attention before I get the bird
so please help me what to do
I'm trying to get a 60×60×45 cm cage for him I think it's good
and Getting some toys for him to play in the time that I'm not at home
but when I get home I need to study and do my homeworks so how I can play with him
can I just put him in front of me when I'm studying (out of the cage)
please I really need help I'm really worried about him
I am afraid that I will not take good care of the bird at the expense of my studies, or that I will fail my studies at the expense of the bird
Please tell me what to do I'm so tired
I'm literally crying.. I'm so scared
please help me please And please don't say I shouldn't have brought it because it's too late. What should I do now?
--the cage that I want to get in the photo::

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230802_110248_Lite.jpg
    Screenshot_20230802_110248_Lite.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 37
Last edited by a moderator:

onamom

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 9, 2022
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ona: Dilute Green Cheek Conure
Welcome to the forums though I am sorry to hear about your predicament. You really have two options here:

1. Keep your bird and come up with a solid plan to provide the care he needs - whether that involves getting a parent to help or whatever you can realistically commit to. Birds are big commitments and do require a lot of time and attention from us. They also have long lifespans and will be a commitment for many years to come. Even when we are busy, sick, or are more interested in other things, our birds will still be depending on us to give them the care and attention they need.

2. If possible, return the bird to where you got him. Or rehome him if you are not very confident you make time for him. It may be hard to come to terms with - but if you will be unable to commit to him and unable to find help caring for him - you have to think about what will give your bird his best life and care.

Free as a bird

Jul 29, 2023
Parrots
2 cockatiels
Hi! I get a lutino cocktail 5 days ago... Before I get it I researched about everything but I forgot something.. that I will start studying in school(highschool) this September and the cockatiel is about 37 day old and I still feeding him with a the syringe ... I know It will start feeding on its own until September but there is another problem that I will go to school from 8am to 12pm and then from 1:30pm to 5:30pm every single day except friday and Saturday
so I'm soo afraid... What I will do with the bird because I know he needs to be out of the cage at least 2 to 3 hours every day and this thing that I didn't pay attention before I get the bird
so please help me what to do
I'm trying to get a 60×60×45 cm cage for him I think it's good
and Getting some toys for him to play in the time that I'm not at home
but when I get home I need to study and do my homeworks so how I can play with him
can I just put him in front of me when I'm studying (out of the cage)
please I really need help I'm really worried about him
I am afraid that I will not take good care of the bird at the expense of my studies, or that I will fail my studies at the expense of the bird
Please tell me what to do I'm so tired
I'm literally crying.. I'm so scared
please help me please And please don't say I shouldn't have brought it because it's too late. What should I do now?
--the cage that I want to get in the photo::
You shouldn't have bought it... LoL
Na just kidding. Birds are so beautiful that they can seduce into such situations.

Your studies come first, right...
Your only option i think is to get rid of that bird ASAP because its still a baby and needs too much attention. So don't become too attached. Try return it or sell it ASAP

After that have a bit of a think and do more reaserch. If you still want a bird your best option is getting a bird that can already feed itself and is tame. It can perch on you while you study but good luck cos their cheeky nature will have them pecking at your keyboard, paper, pens and stuff.

Good Luck

OP
D

dhiaa_eddine

Aug 2, 2023
Parrots
One lutino cockatiel
Welcome to the forums though I am sorry to hear about your predicament. You really have two options here:

1. Keep your bird and come up with a solid plan to provide the care he needs - whether that involves getting a parent to help or whatever you can realistically commit to. Birds are big commitments and do require a lot of time and attention from us. They also have long lifespans and will be a commitment for many years to come. Even when we are busy, sick, or are more interested in other things, our birds will still be depending on us to give them the care and attention they need.

2. If possible, return the bird to where you got him. Or rehome him if you are not very confident you make time for him. It may be hard to come to terms with - but if you will be unable to commit to him and unable to find help caring for him - you have to think about what will give your bird his best life and care.
Thank you so much but I decided to keep it and try my best
I tried to make a schedule for my school days and it works
I'll keep it and do my best

OP
D

dhiaa_eddine

Aug 2, 2023
Parrots
One lutino cockatiel
You shouldn't have bought it... LoL
Na just kidding. Birds are so beautiful that they can seduce into such situations.

Your studies come first, right...
Your only option i think is to get rid of that bird ASAP because its still a baby and needs too much attention. So don't become too attached. Try return it or sell it ASAP

After that have a bit of a think and do more reaserch. If you still want a bird your best option is getting a bird that can already feed itself and is tame. It can perch on you while you study but good luck cos their cheeky nature will have them pecking at your keyboard, paper, pens and stuff.

Good Luck
Thank you so much for helping me
I decided to keep it and try my best..
I tried to make a schedule for my school days and it works!
I think I can keep it
He's already started eating itself so Only a few days left to wean and I will try to give him a big cage and a lot of toys in the cage to make him busy and never get bored
Anyways thank you so much!!

Free as a bird

Jul 29, 2023
Parrots
2 cockatiels
I think I can keep it
He's already started eating itself so Only a few days left to wean and I will try to give him a big cage and a lot of toys in the cage to make him busy and never get bored
Good for you and all the best

Greenhouseparrots

Nov 27, 2022
UK
Parrots
Crimson bellied conure- Tequila
Greencheek conure- Sierra
Pearled cockatiel- Malibu
Cockatiel- Volkan
Yellow budgies- Pina Colada and Houdini
Blue budgie- Lightning
White and blue budgie- Ciroc
I think I can keep it
As long as he can come out of the cage for a few hours on school days and longer on the weekends, and you can give him a good diet and a clean cage then I think he'll be fine. Do you have any pictures of him?

Most Reactions

Latest posts