Jolly and Maya training update and blooper reel

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month πŸ†
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 40-year-old Patagonian Conure
Yer killin' me!!!!! lol
After you heard it for the 100th time in one day, you'd be sorry!
Maybe we should just leave well enough alone!
Maybe I don't WANT the Rbird flying at me singing about J-Lo's booty!!!!!

OP
Anansi

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
Hahahahahaha! Now THAT would make a great video!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

BIRDIGIRL

Jan 25, 2016
Mayo Ireland
Parrots
Rodney Blue Fronted Amazon
RIP Mr Biggles White Fronted Amazon , Elsa and Little Nellow the Lutino Budgies, Lady Primrose a Pied Budgie and English Budgies Houdini Popeye and Olive
Fab videos I loved watching them and enjoyed Maya very much...hee hee it was brilliant how she returned for the ring and Jolly figuring if he picked up the ring in your hand and gave it to you again that he'd get another treat...I know someone else who tries that trick too with his ball LoL
You have done a Great job training them and they are wonderful...you are right to be so proud of them... Well Done. I am looking forward to seeing your next video Anansi ...keep them coming :)

OP
Anansi

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
Thanks, Mary! I'll get around to that next video soon!

BIRDIGIRL

Jan 25, 2016
Mayo Ireland
Parrots
RIP Mr Biggles White Fronted Amazon , Elsa and Little Nellow the Lutino Budgies, Lady Primrose a Pied Budgie and English Budgies Houdini Popeye and Olive

Looking forward to it :)

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month πŸ†
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
LOL, those are great videos. I can see Salty has some work to do!
PS.. Salty also replaces rings right away , expecting to get another treat... not happening chicken boy.

OP
Anansi

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Thanks, Al! I think you'll find the upcoming video interesting, as you have shown an interest in teaching color differentiation. There's been some progress in that regard.

It's funny how both Mr. Biggles and Salty have adapted that same trick as Jolly in their attempts to garner extra treats. Their intelligence is amazing, isn't it?

BIRDIGIRL

Jan 25, 2016
Mayo Ireland
Parrots
Ha ha Mr Biggles has a whole lot of work to do to catch up on all three Salty Jolly and Maya...yes Mr Biggles will try a double take of the ball for that extra treat and he looks so darn cute that I have on ocasion rewarded it when I shouldnt have LoL :) Looking forward to the next video as I have so far done no colour recognition with Mr Biggles...something new to try...Jolly and Maya are Amazing and so is Salty :)

plumsmum2005

Nov 18, 2015
England, UK
Parrots
Lou, Ruby, and Sonu.
Fly free Plum, my gorgeous boy.
Sorry only seeing this for the first time.

Clever Jolly and Maya, certainly making their Daddy proud!

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)

Is it time for the next video yet? Pretty Please?

OP
Anansi

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Thanks, everyone!

Yeah, I'm really looking forward to sharing a new video with you all, too. I'm excited about their progress. Jolly's in particular, as Maya had a setback due to her illness.

BIRDIGIRL

Jan 25, 2016
Mayo Ireland
Parrots
Hope Maya is okay now ?

OP
Anansi

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
She's doing well, so far. Yesterday was her last day of medication, so I'll be watching her VERY closely to make sure all is well.

Most Reactions