Kiwi's new "mini-jungle" and t-perch!

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
Kiwi's been needing a new t-pech for a while, so I finally got to making him a new one. I found a big chip+dip tray at the goodwill and used it for the base, in hopes that will keep his mess a bit more contained lol :54:It came out so nice, I kind of got in a creative mode about his whole space. I had this huge planter I never used, so I decided to make him something pretty to look at. Bought some (fake) tropical plants, and made him a "mini-jungle". I'm not sure how much he cares, but I think it looks nice next to his cage. Plus, I like to keep things tropical for him, so he feels more at home :green:

Last edited:

julya

Nov 30, 2012
Parrots
Green Cheek Amazon
Looks great! I think I see a Squawkers toy on the shelf there, we have one too.

OP
Kiwibird

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
I'm guessing that's what his "macaw friend" is called? He really likes when we turn it on and make it talk!

Pinkbirdy

Feb 26, 2013
Clifton Springs Newyork
Parrots
macaw,LS2,congo grey,2Blk Hd caiques,Hawkhead,yellowstrk lory,Blue frnt amazon,sun conure ,Yellow sided greencheek ,Goffin ,Rosebreasted Cockatoo,Greenwing Macaw,Blue and Gold Macaw,Nanday conure,Ecle
Kiwi looks just like my Tequila [is he older?] . Thats a nice size stand ,Im sure alot less than in the store. I could use a few around my house. Also liked an idea I read you posted about the toothbrushes. My birds are obsessed with pens and pencils [of course they cant have] but always seem to spot them .My caiques will fight you to the death for them. The toothbrushes are a good switch

OP
Kiwibird

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
Kiwi is roughly 15, how old is tequila? The t-perch was super easy to make, and was only $10 in materials. Also, parrots are great to recycle all kind of junk with. Most of the "click" type pens can be taken apart/unscrewed at the tip, the ink/spring parts removed, wash it and then the "shell" of the pen is completely safe for the bird to play with. It's not as if they want to write a letter and need a functional pen :) Kiwi also likes empty chapstick tubes. He just loves getting the lids off, and if you wash them out really well, you can hide treats in them.

Most Reactions