Mealy Amazon

Bellasierra222

Nov 24, 2023
Parrots
Mealy Amazon
Ive had my mealy or 13 years now. She is the most calm gentle parrot you could ever wish for. She just turned 31. Born in 1992. Or her band says she was. She was abused. Cage bound. He feet couldnt even grasp my arm when i took her home. Now she flips upside down for belly raspberries and kisses. Mealys shouldnt be overlooked because they arent the most colorful birds. I have the violet crested variety. She is the sweetest soul. She only bit me 1 time. On 4th of july when i firework went off and we were cuddling. She loves hugs, my cats and dog. And shows off at any store i take her too. We r going in a minute actually.

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
There is no question that Mealy's are the gentle giants of the Amazon Family! Their warm personality wins hearts everywhere they go!

So very happy to hear that she has responded to your loving care and is showing the results of your care.

Sadly, Mealy's are rare and as a result, few people are exposed to them. A big Warm Hug from a Mealy wins every time!

Very Happy for you and your girl!!

Bird Mann

Sep 27, 2023
Maple Ridge BC
Parrots
I care for and manage a bonded pair of Parrotlets.
Ive had my mealy or 13 years now. She is the most calm gentle parrot you could ever wish for. She just turned 31. Born in 1992. Or her band says she was. She was abused. Cage bound. He feet couldnt even grasp my arm when i took her home. Now she flips upside down for belly raspberries and kisses. Mealys shouldnt be overlooked because they arent the most colorful birds. I have the violet crested variety. She is the sweetest soul. She only bit me 1 time. On 4th of july when i firework went off and we were cuddling. She loves hugs, my cats and dog. And shows off at any store i take her too. We r going in a minute actually.
I just looked up to see and I think they are beautiful! what pretty faces and eyes they have! They look gentle. Glad to know this. Thank you.

Most Reactions

Latest posts