My Elderly GCC

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Hopefully the initial vet clinic will forward records to the replacement to avoid costly and invasive duplication of tests, unless necessary. Having a second opinion may be of some benefit.

saurian

Sep 26, 2019
My room. 24/7.
Parrots
Mister, Budgie, 2008-17
He's lived a quarter century- and one that I'm sure was full of love and amazing memories. Sure, he's an old fellow now, but I think you'd be comforted to know that he definitely knows who you are, what you do for him, and the bond you share. You'll have to post more about him! We're all rooting for you and Baybee! Come on old boy, you can do it!

Last edited:
OP
L

LittleMist

Nov 11, 2019
Hi everyone, just wanted to let you know little Baybee passed away today.

Since about Christmas he had actually seemed quite well — bounding up to his cup in the morning, eagerly munching on fruits, dipping them in his water, and even playing a bit as he used to as a young bird. But his illness/symptoms persisted and he just wasn’t able to keep his sweet but old body going. I knew it was coming, but didn’t expect to come home and find him today. I can only hope I gave him the best life over the last 25 years, and that he knew I loved him dearly. There will be a bird-sized hole in my heart, but now he can fly free.

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
I am so sorry, deepest condolences for your loss of Baybee. You gave him the best life and recognized his ailments late last year. Without a doubt Baybee knew he was intensely loved.

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
My heart aches with you! 25 years is a lot of love...you did so great by him!!!

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
I’m so terribly sorry for your loss of your Baybee bird. He was a lucky bird indeed to live such a long and happy life being loved by you.

Godspeed Baybee, fly high and free precious little one.

bug_n_flock

Jan 2, 2018
Isolated Holler in the Appalachian Wilderness
Parrots
B&G Macaw, Galah, 5 cockatiels, 50 billion and a half budgies. We breed and do rescue. Too many to list each individual's name and age etc, but they are each individuals and loved dearly.
So sorry to read this. We all are sharing your pain. Fly free, Baybee

Most Reactions

Latest posts