New DF violet conure

Maddijacobs

Aug 2, 2023
Parrots
Green cheek conure - 9 weeks old
2x female and male lovebird - 6 months & older
I have recently gotten a GCC (DF violet pineapple), she’s absolutely gorgeous, loves cuddles, likes to sit on her back in the palm of my hand and relax, loves sitting on her shower perch, stealing my breakfast, doesn’t mind wearing a harness & is such a sweetie. She’s on 8-9 weeks on and on 1 feed a night still.

Although I’ve noticed a couple things:
1. She as of today, can get a bit freaked out & over stimulated if you go to scritch her. She makes a little funny noise and shakes her head, and goes a bit crazy before biting you. She’s not freaked out by hands, but I’m thinking her reaction could be a result of being overstimulated??
2. She doesn’t play with her toys. She’s out plenty during the day/night, but when she’s back in her cage, sits on her perch like a little loner (it makes me feel horrible).

If you have any suggestions or tips on the above, please let me know!

Pictures of the goose attached.

Attachments

• IMG_3195.jpeg
    IMG_3195.jpeg
    304.5 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_3215.png
    IMG_3215.png
    373.6 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_3213.png
    IMG_3213.png
    406.1 KB · Views: 25

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
I have recently gotten a GCC (DF violet pineapple), she’s absolutely gorgeous, loves cuddles, likes to sit on her back in the palm of my hand and relax, loves sitting on her shower perch, stealing my breakfast, doesn’t mind wearing a harness & is such a sweetie. She’s on 8-9 weeks on and on 1 feed a night still.

Although I’ve noticed a couple things:
1. She as of today, can get a bit freaked out & over stimulated if you go to scritch her. She makes a little funny noise and shakes her head, and goes a bit crazy before biting you. She’s not freaked out by hands, but I’m thinking her reaction could be a result of being overstimulated??
2. She doesn’t play with her toys. She’s out plenty during the day/night, but when she’s back in her cage, sits on her perch like a little loner (it makes me feel horrible).

If you have any suggestions or tips on the above, please let me know!

Pictures of the goose attached.
Awww-, can I scratch your belly, BabyBird? You are just TOO FREAKIN' CUTE!

Most Reactions

Latest posts