Gulf Coast Texas
Parrots
Umbrella cockatoo
Sulphur Crested cockatoo
Green cheek Amazon

Umbrella too
LSC too
Green cheek Amazon
hello, I am Cynthia, known on here as Woodstock. Im a vintage hippie at heart and love the little bird, Woodstock from Snoopy. The name was available so here I am. I live on the Gulf Coast in Texas, between Galveston and Houston. I've had parrots since the 70s. My first parrot was Ziggy, a yellow nape. She died in 2003 due to metal poisoning from a bell I bought her at a bird fair. She was 30 years old. i have an Umbrella too, Precious. My heart, my love, my angel. He is 19. I have a lesser sulphur crested too, Marilyn. named after Marilyn Monroe with the white dress and yellow hair. I got her in 93 and handfed her. I have a green cheek amazon. I got her in 98 from a friend who found her one morning in a tree. After no one claimed her I went and got her in December of that year. Because of the time of the year and her coloring I named her Hollyberry. All three of my birds are very tame. They are on Zupreem pellets and a chop of various foods. I also have 2 monkeys, a capuchin and a marmoset. The capuchin, Boogie is an old lady. She was born in 83. I got her in 87. I also have 30 box turtles, one I have had since 1975 and a large African tortoise. I have 8 dogs, Yorkies, Maltese, and an English pointer. Not finished yet!! I also have a ball python, Izzy Ball, that I have had since 1980. Who knew back then they lived that long?? Oh, and a 150 gallon aquarium with datinoides that i love dearly. Guess that is enough for now, thanks for having me :)

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Howdy Cynthia, and a warm welcome to the forums! LOVE your username!! :D

If you'd like, please share some photos of your babies - all of them, of course. :) Glad to have you on board!

Flboy

Dec 28, 2014
Greater Orlando area, Florida
Parrots
JoJo, 'Special' GCC, Bongo, Cinnamon GCC(wife's)
Howdy Cynthia, and a warm welcome to the forums! LOVE your username!! :D

If you'd like, please share some photos of your babies - all of them, of course. :) Glad to have you on board!

Welcome!
Note to mods: we may need to upgrade the storage on our server if all these babies get posted!😁

OOwl

Oct 12, 2010
Texas
Parrots
Rosebreasted Cockatoo, Congo Grey, MRH Amazon, Lovebird
Welcome from another Texan! Sorry about your Ziggy. That's just tragically sad. It will be great hearing about your other birds. I, too, have kept parrots since the '70s, and it's been amazing how much ideas have changed on everything from feeding to caging to training, almost all for the better. Looking forward to your contributions here.

Mimsy01

Jul 7, 2014
Parrots
GCC-Foofany
European Starling-Zeki
BCC-Ellie House Sparrow-Napolean Parakeet-Bean
Welcome! I'd love to see pictures of the whole family!

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Welcome to the forums, Cynthia! Great username and I love all your pets' names. Interesting family of Fids, we'd love to see pics of all of them.

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Welcome Cynthia! I had fun reading your interesting introduction, and look forward to seeing you on the forum. I'd love to see pics of everyone!

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Hello and welcome! What an amazing collection of furry,feathered, shelled and scaley family you have! I would also love to see pictures:)
So glad you joined us!

Most Reactions