New here,hello to all!!!

Akolwyck7998

Sep 6, 2023
Parrots
Tokyo 2 years old.But from a pet store 2 months ago.
My name is Amanda,I’m a brand new parrot mom to a 2 year old Indian ringneck named Tokyo.She was at my local pet store where her previous bird parents dropped her off because she was too loud.I’ve researched a lot but hope this group can provide some answers to a few unanswered questions I have.Thanks for having me🙂

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
My name is Amanda,I’m a brand new parrot mom to a 2 year old Indian ringneck named Tokyo.She was at my local pet store where her previous bird parents dropped her off because she was too loud.I’ve researched a lot but hope this group can provide some answers to a few unanswered questions I have.Thanks for having me🙂
Awwwwwwwwwww, poor Tokyo, that's so not nice she got taken back to the store! I have a princess parrot called Peach who was taken back to the store too, but thank goodness she was or I never would've found her, just like Tokyo is lucky you found her too. Welcome to the forums, it's great to have you aboard and I hope you'll post some pics soon!

OP
A

Akolwyck7998

Sep 6, 2023
Parrots
Tokyo 2 years old.But from a pet store 2 months ago.
68E568CB-9313-463D-AE4E-20003639AC4F.jpeg
F870CD72-E730-415D-AF34-17745BB88684.jpeg
BCF62799-387F-4C31-B2E6-49F953C300EF.jpeg
BCF62799-387F-4C31-B2E6-49F953C300EF.jpeg

Here’s our girl.I’m so glad we could save her.She is definitely coming around and will come peck on my foot now.It has taken 2 months for her to progressively do so.She is still very afraid of hands and does this thing with her head when approached.She does a figure 8 followed by a quiet chirp.I can’t seem to find any info on that particular behavior or what it means.

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
Beautiful bird.

Welcome.

Also that bird will chew that case right off that phone in less than a minute... Be carefull.

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
View attachment 54052View attachment 54053View attachment 54054View attachment 54054
Here’s our girl.I’m so glad we could save her.She is definitely coming around and will come peck on my foot now.It has taken 2 months for her to progressively do so.She is still very afraid of hands and does this thing with her head when approached.She does a figure 8 followed by a quiet chirp.I can’t seem to find any info on that particular behavior or what it means.
Oh she's beautiful! Thanks for the pics! And yes, like @clark_conure I have to keep my phone/case WELL away from my birds too. And mouse wires from my laptop cos my cockatiels destroyed my last one. My Peachie does the "figure of 8" thing with her head too but in her case I think it's a play-time thing, and when she knows she's gonna go do something naughty. Which is quite a bit of the time!!

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
According to my "bird guy" (local parrot shop owner) ringnecks are a little harder to train/tame (it's his opinion and experience, I've never owned one). From the pictures you posted it looks like you already won the game... and now its just a matter of it deciding, 'meh I'll just sit on the shoulder it's easier on my feet'.

MFajardo86

Sep 3, 2023
Parrots
Cockatiels
Hi Amanda ! We got you sis

Most Reactions

Latest posts