Not a very great toy.

Kitty16

Jun 10, 2022
US, Indiana
Parrots
2 Blue Budgies, the female is Skittle and the male is Milo.
One of my budgies just got itโ€™s foot stuck in a toy, this is the first time it has happened and Iโ€™m not sure if I want to keep the toy in the cage because it could happen while Iโ€™m sleeping, it looked like she was trying to bite her foot off so Iโ€™m glad we were able to help her get unstuck, luckily I was there as soon as it happened so no damage was done, hereโ€™s a picture of the toy, what do you guys think?
image.jpg

StormyPica

2x Parrot of the Month ๐Ÿ†
May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Stormy(M): blue Australian budgie
Picasso(F): green Australian budgie
Apollo(F): sky blue dominant pied Australian budgie
I think budgies can find a way to kill themselves on any toy you give them. They're just a little too curious, and get bored quite easily. Not trying to be discouraging, budgie's playfulness and curiosity make them very fun little guys to have around!

As for the toy, I suggest removing it for now, the budgie is probably scared of it after the incident. I think the toy would be fine with supervision, maybe use it as an out-of-cage toy?

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
I think budgies can find a way to kill themselves on any toy you give them. They're just a little too curious, and get bored quite easily. Not trying to be discouraging, budgie's playfulness and curiosity make them very fun little guys to have around!

As for the toy, I suggest removing it for now, the budgie is probably scared of it after the incident. I think the toy would be fine with supervision, maybe use it as an out-of-cage toy?
Outside of cage tpy sounds like a good idea :)

Most Reactions

Latest posts