Please help find me find a home for a black redtailed cockatoo that’s being neglected

Birdmum

Jan 7, 2024
Parrots
Pippen IIRN Ophelia IRN Ernie moutash parrot exodus rainbow lorikeet
Hi there, I’m trying to rehome my parents friends black-cockatoo because his being neglected and doesn't have anything beside 2 perch’s to fly back and forth from they left the country leaving him alone in an aviary with no enrichment incorrect diet and some random people who are renting the property and aren’t caring for him and don’t know what their doing I’ve got permission to find him a better home as it makes me sick to my stomach thinking about him and how lonely he is his been an aviary bird his whole life and had chosen my friends father has his partner I know his gonna have some psychological issues and needs someone who know what their getting themself into and has the education experience I’ve tried rescues there all full I’m from Australia I’ve tried some parrot social clubs and had one person interested but how do i make sure his going to the correct home and that they are gonna be educated and prepared for him and his issues what questions do I ask I’m Autistic so I’m bad at communicating and don’t know how to word things if you could help I’d be so greatly appreciated sorry if this is a brother

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Bless you for trying to find a home for this poor bird. It may help if you narrow down the general area of Australia where you are.
I answered your other post about questions to ask:)
I hope you're able to find him a wonderful home.

OP
Birdmum

Birdmum

Jan 7, 2024
Parrots
Bless you for trying to find a home for this poor bird. It may help if you narrow down the general area of Australia where you are.
Good news! Found an amazing women who rescues who local

OP
Birdmum

Birdmum

Jan 7, 2024
Parrots
Found an amazing who woman rescues near by and has her license and is willing to take him

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Found an amazing who woman rescues near by and has her license and is willing to take him
Awesome news! I have had the privilege of meeting some red tailed black babies when I was holidaying in WA many years ago and fell completely in love with them - I'm so happy to hear this!

Most Reactions

Latest posts