Progress

ggmon3

Mar 7, 2024
Parrots
Budgie
Hello everyone! It's been a while since my last post and my budgie has eased up quite a bit. I have been hand feeding him millet spray everyday since my last post and now he isn't as scared of my hand. He also likes to sing along when I'm listening to music or playing guitar. I'm planning to keep doing this for another week or two and after I'm thinking of trying to get him to perch on my finger. What should my approach be like for that? Thanks a lot.

OP
G

ggmon3

Mar 7, 2024
Parrots
Budgie
Hello everyone! It's been a while since my last post and my budgie has eased up quite a bit. I have been hand feeding him millet spray everyday since my last post and now he isn't as scared of my hand. He also likes to sing along when I'm listening to music or playing guitar. I'm planning to keep doing this for another week or two and after I'm thinking of trying to get him to perch on my finger. What should my approach be like for that? Thanks a lot.
I also forgot to add that he lets me pet his beak with the millet and to my surprise he's more confused than scared. This is huge progress compared to a week ago when I tried to approach him with the millet he started flying in his cage panicking. I'm very happy with how everything's going so far.

Feb 17, 2024
Tulsa
Parrots
Sunny (lutino budgie)
Sky (yellowface budgie)
Pixie (dilute budgie)
I'm still at the bonding stage myself, but as soon as I find my clicker, we start clicker training. Once they know the click means a treat is coming, we start target training, and I will use that to target my finger.

Most Reactions

Latest posts