The Life Of A Bird

Birdlover11

Aug 23, 2012
Long island
Parrots
Pepsi and sprite, both are American male budgies
I love writing stories about animals, but I always wanted to do it from their point of view. I made this thread so we could write stories about our fids from the beginning of their life to the present. I have seen this on other forums and have been very interested, so try to write your best story, I LOVE cliffhangers. I decided to do it on my two budgies from both of their views. I am not doing these stories by hard fact, but by what I think what would make a true , good story. I will start going truthfully when they I get Pepsi and sprite Back from petco. Hope you enjoy !

Sky: Pepsi, my male budgie.
Dew: sprite, he the flock leader and one of my budgies . Male .

Chapt. 1

Pepsi ( Sky )

I woke up , hearing a loud rush of feet on the ground. Humans. I hated them, loathed them. They stole my sisters , brothers, all of my kin. I Especially hated the female who would wear fake white fur on her hand, she would steal our screaming and protesting friends, which pleaded and prayed for mercy . They were all ignored and shoved into strange colored squares. I remebered when I was a mere chick, a cruel human cared for us. He would yell and scare our mother, forcing her to have more chicks with our father. Soon, she collapsed after over breeding Unfortunatly while we were still weaning. Our father proved to be a good caretaker, he told us stories about humans and how evil and merciless they were. He told us that we will soon escape out of the human nest and go into the outside where we are free to roam and not be contained by tough , hard strings. But we weren't able to fulfill this dream, 7 sun rises later the human returned, striking with his 5 claws , picking us up and forcefully putting us in the dark. We later we're shipped to a animal containment , which is where we are right now.

Sprite ( Dew )

I was on the ground of the encolser , comforting a dieing friend . His breathing shallowed and gathers to a subtle stop . I chirped one last good bye and flew grimly to the highest branch, calling a gathering, " Moon Shine has gone to the Great Blue, we shall grieve for him at the closing time. " I hopped down and inspected the encolser for any other signs of illness . As being the flock leader, it's my duty to care for the flock. A blue and white member approached me, it was sky. He came up to me , " couldn't you have said some words for Nectar up there ? He was a close member, he cared for everybody . I would expect more from a leader " he said slyly. Sky always questioned my leadership, which is why I have distaste in him. " Sky, if you were listening I said we would grieve for nectar at closing time. Please, don't question my sayings again. " I said annoyingly. Sky made a huff and flew away to meet the elders, the old , wise members who know the secrets of humans. With a jolt ,i forgot announcing that our escape plan is to escape at sunrise tommorow . While the human is changing our filthy water and seed, we will jump out and fly through the door, hopefully to be able to go to the great outside. I jumped onto the calling perch and chirped my announcement alarm. " just to remind you, our Great Escape is taking place tommorow. Remember , young and strong, gather and help the elders, and newly flock members. We will not leave a member behind . Chicks and elders will go through first , followed by the adults. Pray to the Great Blue all goes well. " murmers ripple across the encolser.
*Next Day*
It's dawn, I watch the members dozing sleepily , I hear the doors opening as the humans flood through checking the animals. It's time.

Remy

Jul 13, 2011
California
Parrots
Darcy (Golden-Collared Macaw), Puck (Caique - RIP)
I got bored of life. I decided I wanted to go exploring outside! The next time my human left the window open, off I went! It was soooo much fun! I found fruit, berries, and TREES! I flew higher than I'd ever been, exercising my stiff wings. I squawked with joy! Then it started to get dark, and the temperature started to drop. I realized I didn't know how to get home! I found a nook in a tree that seemed pretty hidden, and slept a restless sleep.

I foraged and scavenged, sleeping in trees at night. I loved flying, but I missed my friends, and my reliable food sources. I didn't get enough food, because I didn't know what was good to eat, and what was poison.

One day I'd had enough. While I was perched in a tree in a park, I spotted somebody who looked nice, and thought "Maybe he will feed me!" I flew down and landed on his shoulder. He was surprised, but he was very nice to me, for a little while. He drove me to a vet's office, where I stayed in a small cage. I was too stressed out to groom myself by this point. They fed and watered me, and sometimes people payed attention to me, but at one point they left, and I didn't see anybody for 2 days!

After a week, a nice human female took me away, to another house, and then to yet another house. At the last house, there was a big cage with lots of colorful toys, and food! Most importantly, there were shoulders to perch on, and people to snuggle. They eat weird food, but I've gotten brave enough to taste a few things. Also, there are dogs, which I LOVE to bite, given the opportunity. There is a little dog, who they carry around a lot, and I try to bite him but they always scold me! I think they should really give dog-biting a try, because it's quite enjoyable.

They clipped my wings, but I would rather have clipped wings than have to sleep in the cold every night. I get snuggles every night now, and I'm never cold or hungry at night. <3

ruffledfeathers

Aug 23, 2012
Media
NJ
Parrots
Gilbert Oliver, Blue Crown Conure; Georgie, Sun Conure (2/8/01-8/8/12) RIP little girl; Percy, budgie 1993-1999. RIP Pepito-spanish timbrado canary
That's fun, Birdlover11! i also LOVE writing. Reading something from the animal's perspective is always an interesting read.

OP
Birdlover11

Birdlover11

Aug 23, 2012
Long island
Parrots
Thanks guys ! Remy, that story was SUPERB ! I introduced a new character, Leaf, sprites/dews soon to be mate. We all need a bit of romance ! P.s , sorry if I messed up this chapter, I accidentally deleted my original writing, my iPad is annoying sometimes...

Chapt.2

Dew/Sprite

I fanned my wings as a signal. Everybody's attention was immediatly on me. My soon to be mate Leaf, hopped up to me and whisperd " Dew, you are so brave. But yet, do you think it will work ? " . " yes , my little Leaf. I have everything planned. Soon, you will be bearing my chicks under The Great Blue" . She regurgitated for me , showing how much she loved me. I returned to the signal , " Today, is the escape. Rememebr , no member is left behind " . The Female which changes our food is is approaching, speaking her daily sayings. she approached the glass, and snarled , saying " CUTE !!!! SO CUTE !!!! I will take you home and KISS you to death !!! " we translated this into " stuiped, pathetic, dirty scoundrels . Why can't I get a better job ? " . She was unlocking the door when I screeched my battle cry, " MOVE !!! MOVE !!! CHICKS AND ELDERS FIRST !!!!". We all went in a smooth motion. Well, not nessicarily smooth. I heard " LILLY , I LOVE YOU ! TAKE CARE OF HARRY BEFORE VOLDEMART GETS TO HIM ! " and , " KIDS, GET BEHIND UNCLE JOHN !!! " though we still made it out the door. We flew past the scared and confused female and we all flew to a hard,white, metal branch above our encolser. The female screamed, calling more. It was a mad chick house, though amusing to watch. They got ladders trying to reach us , but we had it all planned. I chirped a signal to switch. By the time the human was at our level we all flew to another perch at the other side of the store. While we were flying , my deputy asked me " when will we get outside ? I can't see the blue. " . " Neither can I . Sorry to tell you , we are stuck." I replied solemnly .

Last edited:
OP
Birdlover11

Birdlover11

Aug 23, 2012
Long island
Parrots
I forgot, guys I am terrible at coming up with names. Could you come up with some ? Names that are from nature like " dapple " , " raindrop ", pine"...

Jtbirds

Banned
Banned
Mar 6, 2013
Pennsylvania
Pine cone, leaf, stump(JK), grasshopper, raindrop, mildew, rosebud, tulip, sunny, blue, cloud, idk there's some I'm not very creative...

OP
Birdlover11

Birdlover11

Aug 23, 2012
Long island
Parrots
Thanks Jt. Nobody commented on chapt.2 , did I write the story bad ? More suspense ? I am open to any criticism .

kenzie

Mar 26, 2013
Rain
Storm
Lightning
Thunder
Fire
Ice
River
Daisy
Violet
Flower
Maple
Cloud
Sky
Ocean
Clover

Sorry that's all Ive got for now. If I think of more Ill update.

henpecked

Dec 12, 2010
Media
NC/FLA
Parrots
Jake YNA 1970,Kia Panama amazon1975, both i removed from nest and left siblings, Forever Home to,Stacie (YN hen),Mickie (RLA male),Blinkie (YNA hen),Kong (Panama hen),Rescue Zons;Nitro,Echo,Rocky,Rub
I'm waiting on the next chapter !!! what's taking so long??

Remy

Jul 13, 2011
California
Parrots
Darcy (Golden-Collared Macaw), Puck (Caique - RIP)
It sounds like you're writing an adventure novel! :-D

Most Reactions

Latest posts