Updates of Ivory and her 'inner bird'

jenphilly

Oct 15, 2013
Lehigh Valley, PA
Parrots
BE2 (Ivory), B&G Macaw (Max), Budgie Group,
Granbirds- tiels; GCC (Monkey & Monster); Sun Conure (Loki); Bare Eyed Too (Folger); Evil Green Monster YNA (Kelly); B&G (Titan)
Well, we've spent some time experimenting on different things to help Ivory with foraging and shredding. I believe it was Betrisher who suggested the egg carton, that was actually a huge hit, thank you very much!! Had to give it to her in pieces, first we tried half of it and she squawked like a monster was about to eat her, she definitely could never be called fierce :) I keep joking I need to teach her to make the chicken baaawk sound!

She also loves shredded paper, tho she really does not play with anything in her cage, we keep swapping out toys that she plays with out of the cage, but don't know if she's just training us or what, but she does not touch the basket of 'stuff' in her cage, nor the box of shreddable that she enjoys on the outside of the cage. She also loves gimp (plastic lacing stuff kids braid), I can sit on the sofa and braid 3 or 4 pieces together and soon as I get a length done, she takes it chews it apart and looks at me for the next. Yeah, who's training who here???

My daughter has come up with a few pretty cool homemade toys, she took the cone cups you find at water fountains, stuffed with paper shreds and pistachios and then put another upside down on top of that one and laced gimp thru both so it hangs and holds the two together. She absolutely loved that, got some pics of her after she had torn it mostly apart, one shot is great, she looks like she's wearing a hat. Something else I came across while searching thru the party store for some toy parts was a grass hula skirt, I cut it into sections and she just loves rustling thru it (its what is stuffed in the box in the pics I'll upload with this).

Gonna try to add a video too... Not sure how Victoria realized it, but every time she sits on your arm and you move it up and down, she says hello or hello Ivory. Anyone remember the stick toy kids have that when you turn it upside down it makes that blooop kinda sound, that's what she reminds me of.

Anyway, babbling on. Just wanted to post her update and say thanks to everyone who posted with suggestions to help Ivory! She has come a long way... still not one to be on the floor or ground. Tried her on the bed and she just runs back and forth. She does like to root around the table to see what she can find (you should see my phone cover, has lasted me for well over a year, but couple months with her and its got chunks missing!!).

Thanks again and hope you enjoy the pics of our little brat!

Jen
DSC04213.jpg

DSC04224.jpg

IMG_20131118_174805.jpg

IMG_20131124_144919.jpg

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSlrGrUcOl4&feature=youtu.be]Ivory - YouTube[/ame]

Most Reactions

Latest posts