Went to a bird shop yesterday

getwozzy

Feb 26, 2013
Oregon
Yesterday I drove out to a friend's (an hour away) and we went to the bird hut to visit all the birds and buy some things for the flock.

Babies galore!! They had the cutest pair of AG babies they were hand feeding, and a couple of alexandrine babies who wanted NOTHING to do with us lol and then there were the Jenday babies- O. M. G. adorable little things, and I wanted to smuggle them home with me lol they would not leave us alone and they kept trying to feed from my fingers lol (good luck with that!)

There was also a galah there who is the SWEETEST bird ever!! Just melts for scritches.... And then the ear piercing scream of a female eclectus [emoji33] made me wish I had industrial strength ear plugs lol

And then someone else kept screaming- it took me a bit to figure out who it was coming from....a b&g who apparently was in love with me....and we just met. [emoji52] he (?) started regurgitating like mad as soon as he saw me....I tried to tell him things were moving to fast for me, but that didn't matter apparently! Good thing I didn't have any money otherwise my flock would've grown by a few birds [emoji85][emoji87]

Pinkbirdy

Feb 26, 2013
Clifton Springs Newyork
Parrots
macaw,LS2,congo grey,2Blk Hd caiques,Hawkhead,yellowstrk lory,Blue frnt amazon,sun conure ,Yellow sided greencheek ,Goffin ,Rosebreasted Cockatoo,Greenwing Macaw,Blue and Gold Macaw,Nanday conure,Ecle
Good you can walk away :) Id be at home thinking who I was going back for :)

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
What a super awesome pic of you and the Jenday babies!!! LOVE IT!!! :smile015:

LMAO @ the B&G hitting it off with you in a nano second. Ekkis screeches can be something, can't they? I swear, to my ears they sound worse than when a big mac screams, even though that's pretty intense.

I'm so glad you got to go out and have a blast! You needed it!! ;)

OP
getwozzy

getwozzy

Feb 26, 2013
Oregon
The baby on the left (with the green spot on its head) was the most persistent with me~ very sweet and wanted to come home with me lol

I'm still thinking about that b&g -apparently first impressions count big time hahaha if I weren't so intimidated by the can opener attached to his face, and had the money, I would've seriously considered it....I'm sure my husband wouldn't notice [emoji56]

Wendy- omg I think my ears were ringing after she screamed, and then there was also a timneh in the other room doing a smoke alarm impression LOL

Pinkbirdy

Feb 26, 2013
Clifton Springs Newyork
Parrots
macaw,LS2,congo grey,2Blk Hd caiques,Hawkhead,yellowstrk lory,Blue frnt amazon,sun conure ,Yellow sided greencheek ,Goffin ,Rosebreasted Cockatoo,Greenwing Macaw,Blue and Gold Macaw,Nanday conure,Ecle
Id be doing the Blue and Gold [and conures]. They behave better when you get them in groups :) You can do a Macaw :) You don't realize how ready you are from having a Zon and a Too.

OP
getwozzy

getwozzy

Feb 26, 2013
Oregon
Id be doing the Blue and Gold [and conures]. They behave better when you get them in groups :) You can do a Macaw :) You don't realize how ready you are from having a Zon and a Too.

Enabler!! LOL

Maybe some day.....

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
Hahahaha! Loving the pic of you with the conures! The expression on your face is priceless!

Funny enough, I've been lucky with ekkies. I hadn't been hit with the full force of the infamous ekkie scream until last Saturday when I took Jolly for his first vet visit. Wow! I almost left that vet's room with tinnitus! So I feel your pain.

You know you're a true bird person when you find yourself feeling flattered by the presentation of regurgitation. Hahaha!

Did you pick up the macaw?

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Shirre, that's a fantastic photo of you and your adorable friends! I'm glad you enjoyed your visit!

I admire you for being able to leave the store without expanding your flock. The poor B&G is probably still pouting.

Most Reactions