What’s your favorite song(s), and why?

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur mom’s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
Was just having a small nightly concert as usual while gaming and now I’m curious, what is/are your favorite song(s), and why? Does it make you feel good? Does it mean something to you? Does it just sound good? What aspects do you enjoy about it? Any favorite parts? How does it make you feel?

-You don’t have to read this part, but you can if you want i guess lol-

I’ll start!
I like black metal a lot- like, A LOT, but my absolute FAVORITE has to be “Pagan Moon” by Beherit. Why? It just sounds so good! Very raw sounding and it just slaps!

I also really like death metal and my fav death metal song has to be “Blood Blind” by Cannibal Corpse! Just so… I dunno, intense but not too much, ya know?

“Zombie Ritual” by Death is also another good death metal song! It’s like if you took mild chaos and combined it with with music theory and sprinkled in some screaming with a garnish of rhyming.

On a less metalheaded note, “All Apologies” by Nirvana is pretty fire too! The line “In the sun, in the sun, I feel as one.” Just clicks with me. I don’t know what Kurt meant by that line, but for me, it resonates with my deep connection to nature.

“Outrunning Karma” by Alec Benjamin is such a good one, too! It’s about a guy who tries to run from his problems and tries to escape his inevitable karma. Alec is such a good storyteller.

And “Chamber of Reflection” by Mac DeMarco is a god tier song. There’s something about it that just feels so… sad? But also nostalgic, so it makes it feel happy in a way? …I guess the best way to describe the feeling of that song is… like looking back at old memories and feeling happy they happened, but sad that you’ll never relive them ever again, as you get older… perhaps I’m thinking of bittersweet?

I’m positive you probably got an idea of what type of person I am just from my music taste 🧍‍♀️

Hopefully it’s not the aggressive, angry, violent metalhead stereotype, because I swear most metalheads aren’t like that- 🤠

texsize

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Oct 23, 2015
Media
so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
Favorite songs come and go.
my current fav.
Imagine Dragons “Bad Liar.
My wife has told me for years that I am a bad liar (so I never try).
And I had to take a lie detector test for security clearance at work and the guy running the test said I was a bad liar (I bet they say that to everybody to make them nervous/uneasy.

Inko-ai

Oct 11, 2021
Media
Albums
Parrots
Budgies - Sprite & Marshmallow
Currently one of my favorite singers is Ado. She's an utaite (essentially a masked singer) from Japan. She just has a really unique voice, and she sings so many different genres of music. Some of her songs can definitely be a little wild and crazy, which I'm not a huge fan of, but she also has some much softer, sometimes sadder songs that I really enjoy. Some of my favorite songs of hers are Himawari, To The World's Continuation, Where the Wind Blows, Dignity, Eien no Akaruhi, and All Night Radio.

OP
Rico_Tiel

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur mom’s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
Favorite songs come and go.
my current fav.
Imagine Dragons “Bad Liar.
My wife has told me for years that I am a bad liar (so I never try).
And I had to take a lie detector test for security clearance at work and the guy running the test said I was a bad liar (I bet they say that to everybody to make them nervous/uneasy.

I used to listen to Imagine Dragons! Oh hey! I suck at lying too! xD I’m sure that gets everyone nervous lol

OP
Rico_Tiel

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur mom’s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
Currently one of my favorite singers is Ado. She's an utaite (essentially a masked singer) from Japan. She just has a really unique voice, and she sings so many different genres of music. Some of her songs can definitely be a little wild and crazy, which I'm not a huge fan of, but she also has some much softer, sometimes sadder songs that I really enjoy. Some of my favorite songs of hers are Himawari, To The World's Continuation, Where the Wind Blows, Dignity, Eien no Akaruhi, and All Night Radio.

That’s a really pretty song! It is a certified Cricket classic!

4 way borbs

Sep 26, 2023
Media
Waukee Iowa USA
Parrots
Smokey | Athracite parakeet
Sky | cobalt, albino, yellow parakeet
Andy | Green texas clearwater
me and my birds like Imagine Dragons a lot and CG5 and loving caliber. Im a minecraft nerd so also Dan bull. but real songs and not singers and bands I like Birds by imagine dragons, (minecraft song!) I see a dreamer( like the TRUE best minecraft player) by CG5

Most Reactions

Latest posts