Why is Finley my Nanday (13 weeks) acting like a baby? Will it ever end?

Sandy19

Mar 22, 2017
Yep larger cut vegetables and fruits are good too along with the finer chopped ones. Peanut liked whole brussel sprouts. I don't know that she actually ate much of it, but she liked playing with them.

OP
Sunnyclover

Sunnyclover

Jan 11, 2017
New Jersey
Parrots
Sun Conure - Ollie- Hatched 08/18/16*

Nanday Conure -Finley- Hatched 10/07/17*

Turquoise Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure -Paris- Hatched 03/03/18*

Black Capped Conure -North- Hatched 10/10/18
You know what they say... playing leads to eating!

OP
Sunnyclover

Sunnyclover

Jan 11, 2017
New Jersey
Parrots

:green2:Finley (now confirmed a male!) is on only 1 feeding a day and eating some pellets! I'm not sure he's eating entirely enough to sustain his weight so I'm weighing him daily in the morning (I know he might loose a little weight while weaning) but he's definitely crunching up pellets and consuming some of them. I think he likes Harrison's best which is nice because I've been trying to get Ollie on those forever and off of Tropican Lifetime Formula so I'm hoping eventually Ollie will follow suit. Fin is not very keen on fruits and veggies so far but I think for not I'll pick my battles and get him off the baby formula then tackle that. Other than that it's going well with him, he's a huge sweetheart and has learned to step up already and seems very trusting of me, he even let me file his nails! I have gotten so lucky with my birds so far...that's what happens when they choose you I guess.:orange: I might start a thread for people wondering what it's like going from one bird to 2 because I know I was terribly nervous about it and wished someone make a thread (that I could find) about going from 1 to 2 conures. I do want to gather a bit more information before I write it though to make sure Fin has actually settled and I'm seeing his true personally and not just the "honeymoon stage".

MooshieBird

Dec 12, 2017
Media
Gulf Coast
Parrots
Mushka CAG 5 years old
I'm glad he is doing well. I'm sure he will thrive in your care. I think a thread about getting multiple birds would be great. I'm pretty sure I can only handle having just one. I don't know how some of you folks deal with more than one bird. I had two when I was younger but looking back I don't think that they got enough individual attention. And lets face it, Mushka doesn't share lol.

OP
Sunnyclover

Sunnyclover

Jan 11, 2017
New Jersey
Parrots

You could handle it if you have the time and the true desire for a second bird ! I thought that exactly same thing but it's easier than you think with the right birdie. As you know from this thread, things did not got perfectly and I'm still enjoying my 2nd bird to the fullest! Birds can be kind and understanding if you approach them gently and treat them like a companion and not just a pet. I just talk to my birds like I'm talking to my husband or something and tell them everything about what I'm doing and tell them about my day and i ask about how they are doing and how they're day is and maybe what room they want to go to or what they want to do. They always do something or react in a way that answers me! Ollie my 1st bird will even quit screaming if I ask him to and look him in the eye and put my finger get to his beak and say "shhhh". Have 2 birds is more wonderful than I actually ever imagined. I have 2 little feathery ones to spend my day with and I love it. I will definitely write that thread after another week or so.

Most Reactions