Wild birds nest box

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
because we all love birds, and I hope that extends to wild birds!

I encourage you to put out a nest box, as many birds are obligated cavity dwellers. But in developed areas there are few options as dead tree are cut down .

Its not to late in the season. Many birds will happily move in and get a family started. I just added 2 new blue bird boxs last week. Both now have nests and eggs! ( will try and get Pic)

I've certified my backyard habit as well as stuck out my sign :)

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
We have 7 attached to the back of our garage that the birds use every year:)

OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
We have 7 attached to the back of our garage that the birds use every year:)
Awesome!!!!!!!!!!

I have them on poles, trees, and fences. Just got my neighborhood to put one on a tree in our community green space

OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
here are the bluebird eggs!
20220615_141608.jpg

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Oh my gosh, they are one of my favourites and I can't remember if I've even seen one up here.
Ours are usually occupied by sparrows.

OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Oh my gosh, they are one of my favourites and I can't remember if I've even seen one up here.
Ours are usually occupied by sparrows.
Chickadee, tufted titmouse, a warbler, and 3 bluebirds nesting in mine. I keep putting them out and I keep getting more burds moving in@ i talked 3 neighbors into putting out nesting boxs they have bluebirds in theirs. Our neighborhood bluebirds bur have really rebounded over the last couple of years. We all love seeing them.

I out out a large one and have greater crested fkycstchers in it for the last 4 years.

I hope more people are inspired!!

One of mine has a green tree frog that lives in it..sometimes I find several tree frogs in it. So I leave it just for them.
Terrible pic
20220615_132641.jpg

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Laura, great work in spreading the word!

That frog is precious:)

Most Reactions

Latest posts