AmelieHan

Aug 27, 2023
Parrots
Maximilian pionus
So Iā€™ve had my lil guy for about 9 months now, and heā€™s the sweetest little bird. Heā€™s a little over a year old, and heā€™s never had any sort of weird behaviour until now.

This morning I noticed he was flipping his wings, and I immediately got worried and kept a closer eye on him. He hasnā€™t stopped all day, thereā€™s been a few pauses, but itā€™s been pretty constant when heā€™s not eating or doing anything else. Iā€™ve read a little about wing flipping before I got a parrot, but thing is I donā€™t know what to do. Heā€™s also been preening himself a lot more than usual.

I donā€™t know what could have caused it l, and because of that I also donā€™t know how to fix it. If thereā€™s anyone who could give suggestions as to how it couldā€™ve started, or how to fix it, it would be incredible. Thank you all in advance.

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Your guy sound like he is entering a period of molting and likely starting with wing feathers as several are becoming loose and twisting as a result he is moving his wing feathers to get them back into place.

Enjoy!

Most Reactions