Would anyone be interested in trick tutorials?

onamom

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 9, 2022
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ona: Dilute Green Cheek Conure
Hi all! I've been getting a lot of questions lately on training and how I trained Ona to do this or that. This got me wondering if anyone would be interested if I wrote up training tutorials for some specific tricks? Of course I would need to post them with the caveat that I am not a professional bird trainer and everything is just my experience and what worked for me, etc. I love to record and take photos during training sessions so I have some really good documentation of how a trick progressed over time and what steps we took to get to the end product. Let me know if anyone is interested and I'll see what I can work up :)

ravvlet

Jun 25, 2019
Seattle WA
Parrots
Kirby - OWA, 33yrs old (2019-)
Broccoli - Dusky Conure - 3?mo old (July 2023 -)
~~~
(Rehomed) Sammy - YNA, 45 yrs old (2022-2023)
(RIP) Cricket - Cockatiel (2019-2022)
I for one would love this!

Jul 23, 2023
Parrots
7 month old sun conure
Hi all! I've been getting a lot of questions lately on training and how I trained Ona to do this or that. This got me wondering if anyone would be interested if I wrote up training tutorials for some specific tricks? Of course I would need to post them with the caveat that I am not a professional bird trainer and everything is just my experience and what worked for me, etc. I love to record and take photos during training sessions so I have some really good documentation of how a trick progressed over time and what steps we took to get to the end product. Let me know if anyone is interested and I'll see what I can work up :)
Yes please! I’m always looking for new tricks to teach Mango.

Navygal

May 15, 2023
Parrots
Congo African Grey
Hello, I would definitely be interested in training tutorials.
Would you be able to do video clips? I work with my 7 month
old CAG, but it's not easy.

OP
onamom

onamom

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 9, 2022
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ok all, here is the start with the first one up!

They do take some time to put together so it will likely be a while before I write another.

MayMaroa

Feb 13, 2022
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Parrots
2 female budgies i have a green named tofu she is 1 years old(she turned one years old in April) and i have a blue budgie named sky she is the younger one she is younger then tofu by a few days
That is such a great idea onamom!!! you should definitely do that.

OP
onamom

onamom

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 9, 2022
Indiana, USA
Parrots
That is such a great idea onamom!!! you should definitely do that.
Thank you! I hope it is helpful :) I will probably do one for basketball next since I think that is Ona's most popular trick. 🏀

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
LOL, I tried to make trick training videos with Salty, but basically, I show him the trick, and he just does it. There's no 'technique' involved. But remember, we have been doing trick training almost every night for over 7 years. Hundreds and hundreds of sessions. If your parrot is anything like him, once they know it is training time, they put their thinking caps on and just learn.

OP
onamom

onamom

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 9, 2022
Indiana, USA
Parrots

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Loren, this is an amazing idea! Sometimes it's hard to know where to start with training and this will be such a big help. Your work with Ona is incredible, thank you for sharing your knowledge!

OP
onamom

onamom

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 9, 2022
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Basketball is up!

Millsy

Sep 3, 2023
Parrots
Green Cheek Conure
This would be awesome! I would love to see you what you do 🥰

Most Reactions

Latest posts