1YO Black Headed Caique

caiquewalk

Feb 16, 2018
Media
Hi all, It’s been a little while since I was last on.

I am needing to find a home for Charlie my Black Headed Caique.
My partner is suffering from the dander and I wish to keep happiness at home so I have decided to sell him. I am asking a pretty low $1,200 for everything, including his cage, gym, food, and toys.

My main concern is to make sure Charlie goes to a home that understands parrots in some capacity. I don’t want someone to purchase him only to get bitten and then have to find out he is on gumtree.

If you know anyone interested PM me ASAP.

I am regretful about this but I am sure there is someone out there who will love my little boy just as much as me.

Also, I would like to send my regards to everyone who has helped me on this site. I could not recommend a better place to find help online.

Cheers :44:

P.s I am in Sydney, Australia

Last edited:

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Unless this is already a life partner, I might rethink this! I gave up my beautiful white angora once of a lifetime cat for my fiance......he ended up being abusive and we aren't together, and I was unable to get my cat back.... So unless it is you that wants to get rid of the bird, I would not do it to make someone else happy!!!!! Because if their live for you was they would love all of you including your bird.....

OP
C

caiquewalk

Feb 16, 2018
Media
Unless this is already a life partner, I might rethink this! I gave up my beautiful white angora once of a lifetime cat for my fiance......he ended up being abusive and we aren't together, and I was unable to get my cat back.... So unless it is you that wants to get rid of the bird, I would not do it to make someone else happy!!!!! Because if their live for you was they would love all of you including your bird.....

Darn, I am sorry to hear that. It’s difficult to let Charlie go but my partner is my life, He means the world to me and he would do anything for me and I would do anything for him.

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Sorry I would love to take your bird but I'm in Florida.. you might need to lower your asking price, a d I know we have a few Aussie here, but not that many. Good luck in finding a nice new home for your baby! Have you posted st the vets office?

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
I’m very sorry to hear you’re having to rehome your sweet baby - I know only too well how enormously difficult this is for you having had to do it myself. I’d take him if I wasn’t still working!

OP
C

caiquewalk

Feb 16, 2018
Media
Sorry I would love to take your bird but I'm in Florida.. you might need to lower your asking price, a d I know we have a few Aussie here, but not that many. Good luck in finding a nice new home for your baby! Have you posted st the vets office?

For the right person, I would gladly lower it.

I have attracted some pretty rough people, through gumtree. One person offered $300. I was shocked but even more shocked when i found out he is a bird flipper. Almost found a home yesterday with another person as well, only though they had my state confused with another. I've spoken to CAV and the local rescue. Unfortunately I just don't know many parrot owners where I am from.

I think it's all going to come down to patience and faith :)

OP
C

caiquewalk

Feb 16, 2018
Media
I’m very sorry to hear you’re having to rehome your sweet baby - I know only too well how enormously difficult this is for you having had to do it myself. I’d take him if I wasn’t still working!

It sucks, I almost cried the other day when I came close to selling him to a pretty nice old gentleman who breeds amazons. Turns out they had the wrong state. Australia really is a big place... Would have taken the guy 9 hours to drive me which was no question hard to do.

OP
C

caiquewalk

Feb 16, 2018
Media
I found a home for Charlie with a young guy who also has quite a lot of experience with parrots. I am happy he has a new place to call home.

Most Reactions