2 and 3 = 5 = 9`

clawnz

Banned
Banned
Jun 11, 2010
Media
No pictures yet though!
Tink & Henry have 3x young, and Roxy & Max have 2x young hatched.
The other 4x eggs have not hatched and i removed them today.
I feel that even if they were to hatch now, they would not do any good as they would be at least 9dys behind the others. Which is to bigger time gap size wise.
I was still not happy about taking them out.
The biggest baby is getting it's Pin feathers already. Wow how fast do they grow?
I am so glad things are working out, giving Roxy & Max 2x eggs from Tink.

The Tiels are being so good, and they are starting to trust me, and let me get a look in the boxes.
And you should see how much food they are getting through.
Even Tinkerbell has become more trusting, (still flighty) and she came to the table for breakfast today. So we are down under 1mt gap and closing.
We had all four on the table this morning.

Henry has relaxed his guard and seems to like whatever I am eating. we are having a lot more contact, he lands on me and walks onto my plate as if he is starting to own it.
Roxy also has started to land on me. She also likes to share my food.
Max is the aggressor, and though he still likes to be close to Henry, we do get a little bit of niggle. He walks onto my lap from the keyboard. So he also has started to except that I mean them no harm.

Warning!
If you want to handle a rehome or rescue, it can take a long time and the right environment, plus letting them open up to you in their own time.
I know I made it hard for myself, by letting them fly free in the house, uncaged. Introducing new flock members.
I cannot put in to words, how it feels when a bird (and I would say any bird) flys to you because it wanted to be with you. It is so gratifying and rewarding.
And I have had three of them do this in the last week.
On top of having the babies arrive and seem to be in loving care.

Hence the title, I have 9 Tiels at this time.

They should be 100% Cinnamon Pearl with Pied. And I am not sure if that is Pied or Split to Pied. Henry I feel is Cinnamon Pearl Pied. And this could be Split Pied.
Needless to say I will let mum and dad do the raising, I will just make sure they have contact with me so they will be semi hand tame.

apatrimo94

Jun 15, 2010
Media
Hudson Valley, New York
Parrots
Bartleby-Pearl Cockatiel
S'mores-Albino Parakeet
WOW!!!! Amazing. I, too, went through the same thing, both of my birds were rescues that lived horrible lives before they came into my care. They were featherless, scared, and angry little ones. But with time, I can now do anything with them. And when I say anything, I mean ANYTHING!!! They are the light of my life.

9 TIELS!!!! Holy toledo, you sure got your hands full. You plan on keeping the young or selling them? I sure hope to breed in the near future. Have fun watching them grow up, and I would love to see some pictures :)

Most Reactions

Latest posts