2 month old conure feeding tips

Brooklyn12

Jan 16, 2021
So I have a 3 and month old conure (sorry for the title being wrong), he's a sweet boy , very chill and very adventurous. Ive never had a baby bird before, all my previous birds were all a little older, so Im wondering how much food should I feed him?
He is eating pellets already but I do not want to overfeed him if that is even possible since he is still a baby lol. How much food would you all recommend ?

Last edited:

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Sorry that your Thread had been missed, but sadly it does happen. With luck, your Thread will be seen after this bump back-up the board.

Likely your title did scare-off some, as the diet requirements for a very young Parrot is different than one that is a bit older.

I'm a believer in having dry food always available, especially for young Parrots. Abundant feeding assure that your Parrot never fears that there is a lack of food and starvation could result. Such fear(s) can manifest into a cross-section of behavior problems.

We do not brim the food dish, but we activity freshen 'them' during the day. The reality of Parrots is that there will be wasted food, it just one of the realities of having a Parrot. One can feed the uneaten food to the wild birds outside, if you like.

NOTE: It is important to remember that not all seed is bad! In fact, a high quality seed mix with limited to no Sunflower seed when supplemented with pellets is a healthy diet. As you are doing now; the Fresh, Healthy, dark green and then all the other veggies are call the wet segment and should represent a large presentation of the diet.

FYI: Freeze your Dry Food base for at least two weeks prior to use in packet of about one weeks worth of food! Remember to date and number the packets.

Last edited:

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
As above
Free choice
Parrots are " grazres " eating small amounts all day long. To keep them flight ready. They have a simple digestive system and a high Metabolism. Food passes quickly thst why do many poops a day. As a posed to a dog who poops twice a day.

Most Reactions

Latest posts