22 Y/O green cheek unsocialized?

anxeirikur

Jun 8, 2021
Parrots
Green cheek conure
I got the advice I needed somewhere else :D so im all set but i can't delete the post 4 some reason and to edit i have to put text here

Last edited:

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Just because you elected to shop advise, and found what you wanted else where does not mean that the topic would not be of help to others. Hence it is common for a Thread to remain.

Long before the current status of obtaining Parrots from regional breeders, near all Parrots where imported. That means that whether the Parrot is 22 months or 22 years none of them arrived socialized. In addition, Parrots have no natural reason to trust humans. Trust is something that Humans need to earn each time their interact with the Parrot.

Later.

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
I viewed your original post before editing, an excellent introduction with a number of solutions to your question. We can re-post if you desire additional advice from a variety of experienced members.

Simply put, appears your GCC has become cage-bound but responds well once removed. Far better to gain trust than forcibly remove. You'll find excellent techniques here: http://www.parrotforums.com/general-parrot-information/49144-tips-bonding-building-trust.html

As Sailboat mentioned above, threads remain visible with intent to help the many members and lurkers who search for online advice.

Most Reactions