3Half Month Baby Blue and Gold Macaw!

SarshaK

Mar 2, 2022
Parrots
Blue and yellow Macaw and Alexandrine
Hello Evervody! Anyone give me some advice please what you think I should do or try! A new Mum to a B&G Macaw. Shes only been home for two days. She has a really big cage that I put her in at night to sleep and during the day she roams free and sits on perches and happy to play with toys. Shel sit with me and let me touch her everywhere, she loves head scratches and scratches under her wings. When the night comes and its bed time she Hates going into the cage! The breeder Never put her in a cage she was roaming free all day and night. Her hatch date is 14.December 2021. Shes Only 3hlf Months old. When she is in cage all she does is sit at the bottom! Shel even sleep at the bottom. Im guessing because shes not to comfortable on a perch as of yet. What can I do to make her life easier or so she doesn't hurt herself or body. Shes still Syringe fed. The breeder has only syringe fed her and introduced little fruits. Im slowly trying to introduce cut up small fruits and veggies and a mix of Harrisons, vetafarm and Zupreem pellets. Shes enjoys her fruits but not really interested in pellets watching her eat looks like she cant seem to break the pieces. She wont seem to touch anything if its not out of my hand. Advice pls! What should I do for her to sleep comfortable. Iv also put a box with shredded paper in it. She didn't sleep in there, shed rather the cage floor. Any advice appreciated thank you!

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Hello! Welcome you and baby@

I out a bunch of links in this other thread

OP
S

SarshaK

Mar 2, 2022
Parrots
Hello! Welcome you and baby@

I out a bunch of links in this other thread
Thank you!

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Let her wean herself at her own pace. Yes make fruit/veggies/pellets available so she can investigate them, but let her continue taking formula until she starts to refuse it. Called abundance weaning. Look it up for more info.

If she wants to sleep in the floor, let her IMHO. She will learn to perch when she is ready.

OP
S

SarshaK

Mar 2, 2022
Parrots
Let her wean herself at her own pace. Yes make fruit/veggies/pellets available so she can investigate them, but let her continue taking formula until she starts to refuse it. Called abundance weaning. Look it up for more info.

If she wants to sleep in the floor, let her IMHO. She will learn to perch when she is ready.
Thank you. Thats exactly what I’m going to keep doing.

Most Reactions

Latest posts