4 mo old GC went from sweet to mean!

Bishrl

Apr 25, 2022
Parrots
GC Yellow Sided Conure
I'm sure you've hear this before but not sure what to do. He was the sweetest thing for almost a month and now all of a sudden he has become very mean! He will sit on my shoulder but as soon as I try to make him get off, he starts cussing me out and tries to bite me. He does this whenever I try to touch him most of the time now. If he doesn't want to get picked up and or go back into his cage. Earlier, I let him out and he was being mean, so i told him scolded him and put him on his play station and then he flew across the room and went all crazy. Started acting like he was mad and cussing out the world and like he was pecking at the top of a box on a shelf in my office. Not sure what's gotten into him. I did recently try add in a new food. Harrison's but he's not had much of it at all. He prefers the Zupreen fruit blend. I have a vet appt this wed for him for a check up. But i just thought this was weird. Someone on another forum mentioned a honey moon period. But not sure that's what this was. Who knows lol

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
I'm sure you've hear this before but not sure what to do. He was the sweetest thing for almost a month and now all of a sudden he has become very mean! He will sit on my shoulder but as soon as I try to make him get off, he starts cussing me out and tries to bite me. He does this whenever I try to touch him most of the time now. If he doesn't want to get picked up and or go back into his cage. Earlier, I let him out and he was being mean, so i told him scolded him and put him on his play station and then he flew across the room and went all crazy. Started acting like he was mad and cussing out the world and like he was pecking at the top of a box on a shelf in my office. Not sure what's gotten into him. I did recently try add in a new food. Harrison's but he's not had much of it at all. He prefers the Zupreen fruit blend. I have a vet appt this wed for him for a check up. But i just thought this was weird. Someone on another forum mentioned a honey moon period. But not sure that's what this was. Who knows lol

Is this a young bird? Maybe he’s growing up? Or maybe he’s feeling spring.

Or…he’s realized you’re not going to send him back and letting you know how he REALLY feels about everything.

He will probably settle down some. He needs to figure out how to behave in your house. Don’t be discouraged!! I would rather have a naughty bird than a terrified silent bird.

OP
B

Bishrl

Apr 25, 2022
Parrots
GC Yellow Sided Conure
Is this a young bird? Maybe he’s growing up? Or maybe he’s feeling spring.

Or…he’s realized you’re not going to send him back and letting you know how he REALLY feels about everything.

He will probably settle down some. He needs to figure out how to behave in your house. Don’t be discouraged!! I would rather have a naughty bird than a terrified silent bird.
Yep he sure is! He’s 4 mos old. He has actually been a little less moody today and yesterday. So maybe he’s just testing his boundaries or having a temper tantrum lol

Most Reactions

Latest posts