so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
Yesterday my wife and I celebrated our 40th anniversary.
since Covid I can count on one hand how many times we have gone out for a sit down meal.
We wanted to go for steak And was leaning toward Black Angus.
Looking at their prices and the fact that itā€™s located in the city next door not where we live we looked elsewhere.
We decided to go to Claim Jumperā€˜s. We been there before and food was good with large portions.
We both ended up ordering the same thing. Comfort food.
Chicken fried stake w/ sides.

After eating several bites I was noticing something wrong with the seasoning and so was my wife.
We found the problem in short order.
The gravy (on both steak and taters) had un-crushed black pepper (kernels?) throughout.
Scraping the grave off the steak was easy enough but how can you get grave off mashed potatoes .
Told the manager and he gave us a discount off the meal but that wasnā€™t the end.
That steak and gravy were going to make a reappearance.

Starting at about 10:30 pm I started puking
My wife was ok. IDK I am not a person who puts pepper on much food , only eggs really.
I donā€™t really blame the restaurant, mistakes can happen but I donā€™t think I will be going back.

Maybe we can just do our 50 th at Carlā€™s Junior.

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
since Covid I can count on one hand how many times we have gone out for a sit down meal.
Looking at their prices and the fact that itā€™s located in the city next door not where we live we looked elsewhere.
We decided to go to Claim Jumperā€˜s. We been there before and food was good with large portions.

After eating several bites I was noticing something wrong with the seasoning and so was my wife.
The gravy (on both steak and taters) had un-crushed black pepper (kernels?) throughout.
Scraping the grave off the steak was easy enough but how can you get grave off mashed potatoes .
Told the manager and he gave us a discount off the meal but that wasnā€™t the end.

My wife was ok. IDK I am not a person who puts pepper on much food , only eggs really.
I donā€™t really blame the restaurant, mistakes can happen but I donā€™t think I will be going back.

Oh Wes, I'm sorry your night out wasn't everything you'd hoped. But congratulations on reaching such a magnificent milestone and I wish you many more happy years together šŸ’

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.

I'm sorry your anniversary dinner was such a disappointment to your tastebuds and stomachs. Whole black peppercorns are simply awful and ruin a perfectly good steak and potatoes meal! That's why my hubby and I much prefer to buy a big thick t-bone or ribeye at a meat. In fact, we just purchased a fancy Blackstone propane griddle with a built in air fryer on clearance for $400 (originally $800) and can't wait to try it out!

Last edited by a moderator:

Vampiric_Conure

May 16, 2022
Media
Albums
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Parrots
Charlie (M) - 23 yrs - Peach Front Conure
Redshift (M)-22yrs - normal Cockatiel
Moon (M) - 2 ys - wf pied cockatiel
Chara (F)- 1 yr - wf pied cockatiel

OH NO! **hugs** What a way to celebrate yer 40th :( (HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, though!)

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Wishing you a very happy anniversary, Wes! That's a big one! ā™„ļø I hope you're feeling better today. At least you'll have a memorable story someday to laugh and cry about for the occasion. "Honey, remember our 40th, when we went to that place and the food was so bad and we got sick?....."

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Happy belated anniversary, Wes! I'm so sorry that things didn't go as planned, and I'm sorry you got sick I find that the most memorable events sometimes make better memories to laugh at later as Jon mentioned.

40 is a huge anniversary, congrats!

f743a1a203a66c690b759709b6c9272d.gif

Most Reactions

Latest posts