6 Month Old Screaming/Baby Noises

kjade808

Mar 12, 2022
Parrots
Rei (Pied Cockatiel)
Hey, I have a 6 month old tiel who makes baby noises after breakfast and sometimes throughout the day. It is the obnoxious β€œdinosaur” sounding baby scream. I feed her about 4 tbps of seeds mixed with chop in the morning, and then she has a break from food until about 1-2pm and then I give her pellets. She is at a good weight , she has plenty of toys and love and water and attention. I don’t understand what could be causing her ti scream and cry so loud? She is not in Lin either and we are going to the vet today for a check up. I feel like this would have stopped a few months ago but she’s almost 7 months still begging/crying?? It’s so loud and constant. It’s not all day but she will do it for like 5-15min at certain points throughout the day. Any advice ? I am definitely going to ask the vet, but it would be nice to hear some advice from anyone who’s dealt with this before.

May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Stormy(M): blue Australian budgie
Picasso(F): green Australian budgie
Apollo(F): sky blue dominant pied Australian budgie
Hey, I have a 6 month old tiel who makes baby noises after breakfast and sometimes throughout the day. It is the obnoxious β€œdinosaur” sounding baby scream. I feed her about 4 tbps of seeds mixed with chop in the morning, and then she has a break from food until about 1-2pm and then I give her pellets. She is at a good weight , she has plenty of toys and love and water and attention. I don’t understand what could be causing her ti scream and cry so loud? She is not in Lin either and we are going to the vet today for a check up. I feel like this would have stopped a few months ago but she’s almost 7 months still begging/crying?? It’s so loud and constant. It’s not all day but she will do it for like 5-15min at certain points throughout the day. Any advice ? I am definitely going to ask the vet, but it would be nice to hear some advice from anyone who’s dealt with this before.
That sounds like normal tiel screaming, which is part of owning a tiel. All parrots scream sometimes, for seemingly no reason, even budgies which are considered to be the most quiet parrot (though they basically make noise constantly).

Most Reactions