A Cold Response

WhiteFlight

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Aug 20, 2020
Dallas, Texas
Parrots
Meisha: Umbrella Cockatoo | Female | 03/09/1989 Hatch Date
Meisha trotted up to the front door yesterday with excitement. On the opening of the door and her eyes affixed to the ghastly sight, she promptly retreated, walking backwards.

Snow-Fall-72.png

At 1° F, -17.2° C, it’s the first measurable snowfall here in eleven years. Recent reports reflected temperatures were colder in Texas than in Alaska.

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Meisha probably thought you transported her to an alien planet. Snow and frigid temps?????

I have friends in the Metroplex and many report a mixture of rolling power blackouts and in some cases total absence of service! Hope y'all are staying warm.

OP
WhiteFlight

WhiteFlight

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Aug 20, 2020
Dallas, Texas
Parrots
Meisha: Umbrella Cockatoo | Female | 03/09/1989 Hatch Date
I have friends in the Metroplex and many report a mixture of rolling power blackouts and in some cases total absence of service!
I've witnessed some of those blackouts at intersections with lifeless traffic signals.

So far, we've only experienced internet disruption at my office.

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
The affects of Winter's worst is something that lingers in the back of the mind for those of us that live in the Great White North! We tend to forget just how dangerous it can be right up to the point that it wakes us up ever few years. With good luck, most of us had made purchases prior to, during or just after the last face slap and quickly dig-out those items and put them to use.

A point of interest, the vast number of individuals that have purchased AWD or 4WD SUV's since the last major hit now about five years ago has changed (greatly limited) the number of slid-offs, those stuck in snow drifts, etc...

Stay Safe Good Friends!

Most Reactions