A great day

Jtbirds

Banned
Banned
Mar 6, 2013
Pennsylvania
As some of you may know i do behavioral work as kind of a side job it brings me some income and lets me expirence many different types of birds. Well a good friend of mine that is a lot older offered me to come and work with her birds and so on. I accepted and have been going there every other weekend for almost a year and a half. She is older and before she passed away she said she would love to see someone be able to handle her hyacinth macaw again. She is no were near dead but i have gotten closer and closer to this bird and would love to share a picture with you guys. Please ignore that ugly face to the right:p. This is the best i could get because she was not staying on her cage she kept flying to me or my father...

jtbirds-albums-my-birds-picture7467-yea-i-know-my-face-around-beak-isnt-good-but-its-my-fault-if-i-get-hurt-not-much-lose-anyway.jpg

Yea i know the whole bird around the face thing, but i know enough and can accept getting hurt so it would be my fault not the birds. Just thought i would add that before someone said it>.<.

Alwese

Jul 25, 2010
Media
Jacksonville, Florida
Parrots
Clifford-Scarlet Macaw
Kayko- B&G Macaw
Doogie - Catalina Hybrid Macaw
Such a big beautiful bird! You have every right to make steps to get closer to him/her and anything you can do to make it possible; I would do the same thing.

Pinkbirdy

Feb 26, 2013
Clifton Springs Newyork
Parrots
macaw,LS2,congo grey,2Blk Hd caiques,Hawkhead,yellowstrk lory,Blue frnt amazon,sun conure ,Yellow sided greencheek ,Goffin ,Rosebreasted Cockatoo,Greenwing Macaw,Blue and Gold Macaw,Nanday conure,Ecle
Thats fantastic !! she likes you. I used to talk to a women that had one [and he was the biggest sweethart] It doesnt suprise me shes on your shoulder .Was she hard to win over ?

OP
Jtbirds

Jtbirds

Banned
Banned
Mar 6, 2013
Pennsylvania
she took some work and ermm i found out the power of a hyacinth a couple of times:p. after that stage and some pretty easy work she came around, but since then has just progressivly gotten better:).

BillsBirds

Jan 9, 2012
Largo, Florida
Parrots
Timneh African Grey (Bailey), Lovebird (Elvis)
Good work! I've inherited several birds. The best way is to be familiar with them, like you're doing. It minimizes some of the stress of being re-homed because they already know you. I inherited an African Grey that was a bit older than me from my grandfather. That bird had known me my whole life. And others from a situation similar to what you are doing now. In addition, I have someone who will take my birds when I can no longer care for them.

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fargo- Blue and Gold Macaw
Oh wow! What a beautiful girl! Maybe we could share her? :54: haha

That is amazing news that she likes you! Great work :D

OP
Jtbirds

Jtbirds

Banned
Banned
Mar 6, 2013
Pennsylvania
yes bills i completely agree with you on that. I as well have some kind of back up plan if i was to have an issue:).

hmm maybe tab if you want to move to the land of the free... and she is beautiful, comparable to fargo;).

noblemacaw

Sep 23, 2011
Parrots
Valentino - Red Fronted Macaw - Hatched August 12, 2012
Has she stuck her Hy tongue up your nose yet? LOL. She is a very beautiful parrot and looks very happy perched on your shoulder. She looks like a sweetie with all the work you have done with her. What is her name?

noblemacaw

Sep 23, 2011
Parrots
Valentino - Red Fronted Macaw - Hatched August 12, 2012
Every kind of macaw I ever handled eventually stuck their tongue up my nose. Although not a pleasant experience it shocked me every time it happens. Just when I think they are good parrots and nice there goes that tongue up my nose quicker than I can pull away. Macaws seem to test everything with the tongue. LOL

Midnight is a beautiful name for such a beautiful girl.

Most Reactions