a parrot picnic on the terrace

OgY

Aug 1, 2022
Media
Albums
Parrots
Eastern Rosella
Following the advice here on the forum and the experiences of communicating with Ogy, I still don't let him fly freely. Today I took him out with the cage to the terrace, first he was a little scared, then he was surprised, then he started to observe, then to sing and finally, he started to eat. All that in 10-15 minutes. It surprised me how he absorbed and studied his new surroundings. In your experience, is it fun and is it good for the parrot to spend some time in a cage outside, of course, not in direct sunlight and in moderate weather. Greeting,

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Terrace Time, has its advantages and commonly Parrots enjoy themselves participating in such places. It is important to remember that this time is 100% supervised as things change rapidly and you need to be there when, not if something happens.

We live in the middle of Red Hawk Central and we have had younger Hawks attempt to join us on our full enclosed screen porch. In addition, we are now seeing more and more Bald Eagles flying over our home.

Reactions: OgY
OP
OgY

OgY

Aug 1, 2022
Media
Albums
Parrots
Eastern Rosella
Terrace Time, has its advantages and commonly Parrots enjoy themselves participating in such places. It is important to remember that this time is 100% supervised as things change rapidly and you need to be there when, not if something happens.

We live in the middle of Red Hawk Central and we have had younger Hawks attempt to join us on our full enclosed screen porch. In addition, we are now seeing more and more Bald Eagles flying over our home.
There are no such threats in my abode, but.. I will keep other potentially harmful situations in mind. Thanks for the cup (y) :)

Most Reactions