A question on quakers

Terry36887

Sep 30, 2013
Media
Albums
Hello,
I am new to the forum. I have a background with birds like cockatoo sulphur crested, gallahs,rosellas, tiels, budgies, and lovebirds. I originally was getting a rai bow lorikeet and got all the nectar stuff for it however now I have changed my mind and getting a quaker. Question, is it still ok to use nectar to feed a quaker, just till its all gone?
Thanks
Tez

OP
T

Terry36887

Sep 30, 2013
Media
Albums
So theres 56 views and no one has a reply? Or am I doing this forum thing wrong?

Mike17

Aug 12, 2013
Media
Albums
Outback Western Australia
Parrots
Alex- Eclectus, Ariel- whiteface, Junior- pied, Custard-lutino, Ziggy- pearl cockatiels, Kermit- Princess parrot, Jade- Plumhead parrot, George- budgie, Coco- Rainbow lorikeet, Corey-Little Corella.
Terry, I doubt a seedeater like the quaker would be all that thrilled with nectar food for a lori:) We have a whiteface quarrion ('tiel) that has a nibble at our lori's dry mix but he could hardly live on it. Having said that I know little about quakers and it might be they eat anything:)

Last edited:

mrgoogls

May 6, 2012
Parrots
1 male Quaker-Cooper
a quaker might eat it....but not sure. depends on the quaker. but he definatly CANT live off of only that. he will needs pellets, seeds and veggies. but i dont think the nectar would hurt him.

ZoeyFredrik

Aug 1, 2013
Parrots
Sammy- Quaker Parrot;
Josephine- IRN;
Fredrik, Phoebe, Skyler, & Alexander -Budgies- *Zoey* (Budgie) R.I.P <3
I don't think it would harm the Quaker, it should not be toxic or anything. I have heard of it being used in small amounts as a special treat, for some birds who like it. I have never tried it, but I know my Quaker would eat just about anything you place in front of him. He is my little piggy. :)

Most Reactions