4 way borbs

Sep 26, 2023
Media
Waukee Iowa USA
Parrots
Smokey | Athracite parakeet
Sky | cobalt, albino, yellow parakeet
Andy | Green texas clearwater
One of the major selling points of the house we’re in now was the sliding doors that enable me to keep birdies out of the kitchen, ESPECIALLY tiny little curious ones like Lovejoy who could get themselves into SO much trouble! I’ve also hung curtains over the doorways to slow them right down when the doors are left open to allow fresh air to circulate during the summer months, which means I’m often greeted by the sight of the little red rooster peeking into the forbidden territory of the kitchen!!
View attachment 57154
"don't look at me just trying to destroy moms stuff!"

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
I've been trying to capture video of Lovejoy wrestling with his bell for AGES, but either it's too glary in the bird room or he stops and flies over to me the moment he sees me videoing him. Finally had success this morning - perhaps I should add a warning about the shocking violence, oh and the gratuitous lorikeet poop too!! :eek:

onamom

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 9, 2022
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ona: Dilute Green Cheek Conure
I've been trying to capture video of Lovejoy wrestling with his bell for AGES, but either it's too glary in the bird room or he stops and flies over to me the moment he sees me videoing him. Finally had success this morning - perhaps I should add a warning about the shocking violence, oh and the gratuitous lorikeet poop too!! :eek:

Look at him go! I absolutely love the hanging branches you have there for them to play on!

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Look at him go! I absolutely love the hanging branches you have there for them to play on!
Thank you! They're actually offcuts from the grapevine we have growing by our back door. They were just the right shape to make a big birdie swing out of them! :)

Free as a bird

Jul 29, 2023
Parrots
2 cockatiels
Lil Frankie playing with her toys.
Not the bottle of rum but that's my toy.

20240208_172637.jpg

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
You didn't make it? You just chose the pics and vids or...

Anyway, nice, I've never heard about such thing

I didn't do a thing, Rozzy, my phone did it all by itself! It even got that sequence of short images of Lovejoy's head becoming more and more red all in the right order - amazing!!

Get your tissues ready, it did this one of Lilly a little while ago ...

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
View attachment 58421
Charlie is getting his beak rubbed as I’m watching Lovejoy videos. Do your birds love their beak rubbed too? Mine beg for it.

Both my 'tiels love a head and/or beak rub, the rest of them not so much. Lovejoy is very picky about whether he wants a scratch during daylight hours, but come sunset EVERY nite he STILL demands his hour's worth of snuggles and scritches before bed. Which makes the dinner service for the humans rather interesting, we have to eat either before or afterwards cos there is hell to pay if he doesn't get his snuggle PRECISELY when he wants it!! :eek:

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
It's the subject matter, it cannot help itself!!!
True true, Uncle Boats! Seems the 🍏 Phone Empire has been sucked into the little red rooster's irresistible vortex of cuteness too!!!

Most Reactions

Latest posts