Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Bourke's parrots, green cheeked conure
I FINALLY caught Lovejoy saying "bouncy bouncy bouncy" on video!! He learned to say it cos he LOVES it when i bounce him up and down on my hand when he steps up. Still very hard to actually record him when he does talk though, cos as you can see he rapidly loses interest when the camera is on him :rolleyes: :)

Nice Lovejoy!

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Nice Lovejoy!
Awwwwwwwwwww, Lovejoy says to say "Thank You, Aunty Rozzy", and "witam" to all his favourite Polish cousins - amazing how he's learned to used Google Translate too, isn't it?! ;)

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Went out to grab some groceries this morning and came home to birdie bath water splashed everywhere and THIS!

IMG_0743.jpeg

IMG_0742.jpeg
IMG_0740.jpeg

Still fairly keen to save his biggest splashes for when I’m not here - seems to enjoy his privacy at bath time :rolleyes: 😊

zERo

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 9, 2021
Media
Texas
Parrots
Tony-Green QP(M)
Tom-Pineapple GCC(M)
Milly- Sparrow (F)
OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Ooo la la! Look at that red head! He’s so pretty! 😍
Right??? It positively glows, like it's lit from within, 'specially when he gets in a sunny spot. It's not just red, it's RRRRRRRREDDDDDDDD!!!!! 🔥 🔥 🔥

Last edited:
OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
He’s just SO cute!
Lovejoy says to say "Thank you @onamom, you're very kind!" The 'tiels on the other hand would like to say "You can come and take him if you want him, he doesn't give us a moment's peace!!"

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Tee hee!! No prizes for guessing whose attitude runs the household here, Mr Boats. One look from The Redhead at snuggle time each evening is enough to tell hubby when he needs to leave the room PDQ!!
IMG_0730.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Lots to get excited about in this morning's delivery. Heaps of food for the flock, plus a little treat for me - plenty of F10 for wiping up all of that projectile lorikeet poop that seems to get EVERYWHERE!! :poop::poop::poop:😁

lovejoyqlder.jpeg

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
I just love how colorful he is!

How does he like those flower blends?
Honestly I don't know if he actually eats that much of it. I pop it in his dry food dish along with kitty litter, believe it or not. The kitty litter thing was recommended by his vet, the idea being that he then has to fossick through it in order to find the dry nectar powder that's mixed in so he doesn't just gulp it down and over-eat, and I added the flower mix for a bit more variety for him. I think he does eat some of it though cos he smells so sweet whenever I do give it to him💖And it looks nicer too :)

lovejoyfood.jpeg

zERo

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 9, 2021
Media
Texas
Parrots
Tony-Green QP(M)
Tom-Pineapple GCC(M)
Milly- Sparrow (F)
Honestly I don't know if he actually eats that much of it. I pop it in his dry food dish along with kitty litter, believe it or not. The kitty litter thing was recommended by his vet, the idea being that he then has to fossick through it in order to find the dry nectar powder that's mixed in so he doesn't just gulp it down and over-eat, and I added the flower mix for a bit more variety for him. I think he does eat some of it though cos he smells so sweet whenever I do give it to him💖And it looks nicer too :)

View attachment 50525
What kind of kitty litter is it? Seems like a good idea for a foraging tray!

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
What kind of kitty litter is it? Seems like a good idea for a foraging tray!
It's made from recycled paper with no additives, according to the manufacturer. I actually buy it from my bird vet because he's the only one I can find who sells it in the small sized packages that I prefer to buy. He stocks it specifically for the purpose of usage in foraging trays - I figure if he sells it it must be the safest one to use!

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Great vet you have!

Oh I quite agree with you, @SailBoat, my guy is the best and I love him to bits! ❤️ But he tells me he'll be retiring in the next couple of years or so - I seriously do not know what I'm going to do without him!

Last edited:

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Oh I quite agree with you, @SailBoat, my guy is the best and I love him to bits! ❤️ But he tells me he'll be retiring in the next couple of years or so - I seriously do not know what I'm going to do without him!
We had lost our CAV three years ago and our nearest like school Avian Vet is on the East Side of our State near 300 miles and heavy traffic away.

We have been beyond lucking with Julio's health and at lease the current Vet we have did train under an individual that had advance training, but not the CAV Certification. The feeling, kind of a background gut ache that nothing has goes wrong.

Most Reactions

Latest posts