LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
We had lost our CAV three years ago and our nearest like school Avian Vet is on the East Side of our State near 300 miles and heavy traffic away.

We have been beyond lucking with Julio's health and at lease the current Vet we have did train under an individual that had advance training, but not the CAV Certification. The feeling, kind of a background gut ache that nothing has goes wrong.

Oh Uncle Boats, I have everything crossed that HRH Julio continues to enjoy good health! It's an awful feeling to lose a dedicated and caring professional that you trust the way I trust my vet. He has also tutored most of the avian vets in our region too, but they have all spread out to other clinics - and it's WONDERFUL that parronts who live a little further afield have access to such well-mentored avian vets, but I've been TERRIBLY spoiled having my birdies' Uncle Adrian literally a two minute drive from my house for so many years. I'm not sure if his clinic will close once he retires, I pray that it doesn't. I know of another very good vet about half an hour's drive away but I'm not looking forward to having to go there on a regular basis :(

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
There’s some bright and glorious winter sun pouring through our windows this morning so I thought I’d try to get some pics of the flock. Lovejoy is the perfect little photo bomber, and his red head is positively incandescent in the sun! Val retreated like he always does, but I got him anyway 😝

IMG_0773.jpeg
IMG_0768.jpeg
IMG_0772.jpeg
IMG_0777.jpeg

Poor old Val's been having a HUGE moult and is looking a little grumpy :(
IMG_0779.jpeg
IMG_0778.jpeg

The tiels meanwhile took the opportunity to have some breakfast in peace while Lovejoy was preoccupied ☺️
IMG_0781.jpeg
IMG_0783.jpeg

zERo

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 9, 2021
Media
Texas
Parrots
Tony-Green QP(M)
Tom-Pineapple GCC(M)
Milly- Sparrow (F)
I love your precious flock!

Lovejoy looks as radiant as ever and poor Val! My budgies are wrapping up their big molts while the tiels have just started.
I guess I didn’t realize Jem was a cinnamon tiel!
Both tiels are lovely 😍

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
I love your precious flock!

Lovejoy looks as radiant as ever and poor Val! My budgies are wrapping up their big molts while the tiels have just started.
I guess I didn’t realize Jem was a cinnamon tiel!
Both tiels are lovely 😍
Oh my goodness, thank you!!! I was in need of a mega cuteness fix, and there it is! ♥️♥️♥️
Thank you both! I hadn't realised the pics of Lovejoy in particular look a bit weird until after I'd posted, they're almost pixellated, but it's because of the sun coming through the flyscreens on the windows and casting a bit of a shadow on him, it's especially noticeable in that last shot of him.

Val looks a bit ratty but he's in very good spirits. He's not hand tame but he's getting happier to sit on our shoulders, arms or heads and just twitter away, sometimes even taking a short nap while he's there. Those two are just so irresistibly cute together!!

lovejoy&val.jpeg

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Ok folks, anyone of a sensitive disposition should NOT view the following graphic image of a steaming great big pile of lorikeet :poop::poop::poop:, and if you do and you lose your lunch, don't say I didn't warn you!!!!! 😁 Bear in mind also that he is smaller than a budgie!!
lovejoypoop.jpeg

The electrical powerboard was placed alongside after the splat to provide a sense of scale. Lovejoy is an overnight holder-in-erer, therefore the first movement of the day every morning is a MONSTER!! Now if you'll please excuse me I gotta go put my hazmat suit on and clean that abomination up!!

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Here's a little cuteness from the whole flock to make up for that monstrosity of a lorikeet poop I posted a few days back. Actually it's a good thing I posted that one and not the one he did this morning, which was even BIGGER!!! :eek::poop::poop::poop:Everyone's taking advantage of a bit of sun concentrated in the corner of the bird room this morning. Cos, y'know, it's the first day of "winter" in Brisbane today, and it's a whole 22C (71F) outside!

flockb.jpeg

flocka.jpeg

Fang's looking a little worse for wear around the face due to the sticky meds he needs every day. Hopefully it'll get up to the predicted 25C (77F) today so I can give him a misting and clean him up a bit :)

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots

Rozalka

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Bourke's parrots, green cheeked conure
Here's a little cuteness from the whole flock to make up for that monstrosity of a lorikeet poop I posted a few days back. Actually it's a good thing I posted that one and not the one he did this morning, which was even BIGGER!!! :eek::poop::poop::poop:Everyone's taking advantage of a bit of sun concentrated in the corner of the bird room this morning. Cos, y'know, it's the first day of "winter" in Brisbane today, and it's a whole 22C (71F) outside!

View attachment 51091
View attachment 51092

Fang's looking a little worse for wear around the face due to the sticky meds he needs every day. Hopefully it'll get up to the predicted 25C (77F) today so I can give him a misting and clean him up a bit :)
The whole flock :love:
It looks like it's similar temperature here and in Brisbane... just with the difference we have last weeks of spring
(I like telling my mom about tempereture in Australia to make her jeleaus - she would prefer living in a warmer country)

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Got a video of the little heathen this morning too. I simply cannot resist that little hop and those tiny toesies!!

Every time I think he couldn't possibly get any cuter... ❤️❤️❤️

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
I believed that I saw a huge change in Lovejoy and revisited your first photos of him! He has become quite the young man in his adult plumage and demeanor. And, it appears he's clearly the one in charge.

One can hear Julio walking across the wood floor, if he hopped it would likely be more of a thud, thud, thud!

Those are sizable dumps and I would not want to be in the way of an incoming load! Plus, they are watery, which clearly adds to the overall spread.

He's quite the joy from half a World away, up-close and personal, must be 'to die for'.

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
The whole flock :love:
It looks like it's similar temperature here and in Brisbane... just with the difference we have last weeks of spring
(I like telling my mom about tempereture in Australia to make her jeleaus - she would prefer living in a warmer country)

Oh Rozzy, I'll bet Poland in springtime is just beautiful 😍, and that it lasts a lot longer than it does here in Brisbane. Usually we get about two weeks' worth of what you'd call "spring" weather and then it's BAM straight back into summer. But overall we're pretty lucky in Brisbane, winters aren't too cold and summer is hot but not unbearable, your mum would probably love it here ❤️
Every time I think he couldn't possibly get any cuter... ❤️❤️❤️
Right??? Even worse when he sticks his beakie in my face and looks at me with those great big eyes. And let's not even talk about evening snuggle time - it's an absolute miracle that my husband ever gets fed at all!! 😝

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
I believed that I saw a huge change in Lovejoy and revisited your first photos of him! He has become quite the young man in his adult plumage and demeanor. And, it appears he's clearly the one in charge.

One can hear Julio walking across the wood floor, if he hopped it would likely be more of a thud, thud, thud!

Those are sizable dumps and I would not want to be in the way of an incoming load! Plus, they are watery, which clearly adds to the overall spread.

He's quite the joy from half a World away, up-close and personal, must be 'to die for'.
Yuuuuuuuup, he's "large and in charge" alright, just like Lilly before him, and I am merely his indentured servant. I've only ever been dumped on first thing in the morning on one occasion and it required a complete change of clothing! Mind you, he has grown much more selective about whom he poops on, he generally doesn't do it on me but quite regularly unloads it on his dad, just to make sure the household pecking order is kept firmly in place. But yes, despite all the projectile poop and the fact that I won't ever be able to take a vacation away from home while he's here, he is a complete joy to have around and I don't think I could possibly have picked a more appropriate name for him, given how much "love" and "joy" he is responsible for 🥰✨💖

Aaaaaaaaaaaaand now I gotta go clean up some more :poop::poop::poop:

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
He is truly a delight! I just can't stop swooning at his and Val's friendship! It's the best of the best of the best!
Oh I think so too, Denise, in fact they're out in the bird room preening each other again right now. They sure are a pair of cutie patooties! 😍 😍

Last edited:

onamom

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 9, 2022
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ona: Dilute Green Cheek Conure
There’s some bright and glorious winter sun pouring through our windows this morning so I thought I’d try to get some pics of the flock. Lovejoy is the perfect little photo bomber, and his red head is positively incandescent in the sun! Val retreated like he always does, but I got him anyway 😝

View attachment 50688View attachment 50689View attachment 50690View attachment 50691

Poor old Val's been having a HUGE moult and is looking a little grumpy :(
View attachment 50692View attachment 50693
The tiels meanwhile took the opportunity to have some breakfast in peace while Lovejoy was preoccupied ☺️
View attachment 50694View attachment 50695
I can’t believe I missed this post! These photos are just lovely. Especially Lovejoy with his vibrancy!

Most Reactions

Latest posts