LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
I can’t believe I missed this post! These photos are just lovely. Especially Lovejoy with his vibrancy!
Thank you @onamom! Yes that winter sun brings out the best in the colours of the whole flock, but there's certainly no missing that red hot RED on Lovejoy, it's very eyecatching!!

Last edited:
OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Some fun snippets from today .....

1. I went out for about an hour to go to the supermarket for a resupply of bird veg this morning, and came home to this - a VERY soggy Lovejoy! Evidently he still prefers to bathe in his water dish when I'm not around, probably in order to avoid the paparazzi!!

lovejoypapp.jpeg

2. A while ago I made Lovejoy a toy, comprising of an unused buffet ball on the outside, encasing a cat ball with a bell on the inside, he likes to roll it and chase it around the floor of his cage. Somehow, with laser guided precision, one of the 'tiels (and I think it was Jem), from outside and on top of Lovejoy's cage, has managed to aim a poop through one of the slots and land it on the cat ball on the inside of the buffet ball!! I would not have believed it if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes!!

precision.jpeg

Talk about your precision bombing - nice shot, sir!! 😝

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Oh my goodness, is there anything cuter than a soggy firey redhead?! ♥️♥️♥️

And wow, someone has some serious sharpshooter precision right there! 🤣

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Oh my goodness, is there anything cuter than a soggy firey redhead?! ♥️♥️♥️

And wow, someone has some serious sharpshooter precision right there! 🤣
Yep, it seems Jem was pretty deliberate about exactly where he left that particular "calling card" alright. A token of his esteem for Lovejoy, I do believe, and probably in retaliation for the MASSIVE early morning dump that Lovejoy left in the 'tiels cage this morning. Looks like it's a duel of the fuzzy little butts at 10 paces - choose your weapons, gentlemen!!

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Wow, that's some lethal ammo I wouldn't want to get pummeled with! 🤣

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Wow, that's some lethal ammo I wouldn't want to get pummeled with! 🤣
Right? Who'd have thunk something so deadly could possibly exude from those cute fuzzy little butts??! :poop::poop::poop::eek::eek::eek:

onamom

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 9, 2022
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ona: Dilute Green Cheek Conure
Oh Lovejoy's expression just looks so sweet and innocent in that photo. It reminds me of Ona's post-bath snuggle face.

That is hilarious about the perfectly aimed :poop:! :ROFLMAO: That seems pretty deliberate!

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
With deep consideration, I would recommend that you contact the head of your Air Force as you have individuals that are able to provide chemical weapons and delivery them with precision. In addition, they are able to deliver those bombs without prior or post knowledge of the opposition, other than they had been accurately targeted.

WOW!

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
With deep consideration, I would recommend that you contact the head of your Air Force as you have individuals that are able to provide chemical weapons and delivery them with precision. In addition, they are able to deliver those bombs without prior or post knowledge of the opposition, other than they had been accurately targeted.

WOW!
Uncle Boats, I will take your advice and do exactly that. Seems Jem's butt contains a laser guided, pinpoint accurate, sharp shootin' ...

movie-fr-lethalw.jpg

😝😝😝😝😝​

Last edited:
OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
I swear I will NEVER be able to catch this guy in the bath to get a video of him, he's just in and out too quick!!!!

EjA8x9s.jpg

Looking pretty pleased with himself, "Ha!! Outwitted the paparazzi again!!"

etIXWC8.jpg

And with bestest little buddy Val, always on hand to help out with preening 💖

WEFaOBo.jpg

IgVoEZP.jpg

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
And just when you think they couldn't possibly get any more cute, you go and post THAT! :)
Thank you for my morning dose of Lovejoy and Val cuteness! What a beautiful start to the day! ♥️♥️♥️

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Good Lord, that Bird has become a real lover of a deep soaking baths!! Must go for the deep plunge to that wet everywhere.

Val maybe your secret access to when a bath may occur as clearing Val is onsite moments after the splash!

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Good Lord, that Bird has become a real lover of a deep soaking baths!! Must go for the deep plunge to that wet everywhere.

Val maybe your secret access to when a bath may occur as clearing Val is onsite moments after the splash!

Yes indeed, Val may have hidden extra-sensory barometric and/or hygrometric talents and might just be able to predict high humidity levels when a storm front is about to engulf Lovejoy - and probably before Lovejoy even realises it for himself!

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
Some fun snippets from today .....

1. I went out for about an hour to go to the supermarket for a resupply of bird veg this morning, and came home to this - a VERY soggy Lovejoy! Evidently he still prefers to bathe in his water dish when I'm not around, probably in order to avoid the paparazzi!!

View attachment 51303

2. A while ago I made Lovejoy a toy, comprising of an unused buffet ball on the outside, encasing a cat ball with a bell on the inside, he likes to roll it and chase it around the floor of his cage. Somehow, with laser guided precision, one of the 'tiels (and I think it was Jem), from outside and on top of Lovejoy's cage, has managed to aim a poop through one of the slots and land it on the cat ball on the inside of the buffet ball!! I would not have believed it if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes!!

View attachment 51304

Talk about your precision bombing - nice shot, sir!! 😝
He managed to take a bath without getting his red hair wet!

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
He managed to take a bath without getting his red hair wet!
Yes he did, and he just did it again too while we were out grocery shopping. Seems like he really does prefer a bit of privacy at bathtime - he must KNOW I'll just go and plaster it all over the interweb otherwise!😝

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
Yes he did, and he just did it again too while we were out grocery shopping. Seems like he really does prefer a bit of privacy at bathtime - he must KNOW I'll just go and plaster it all over the interweb otherwise!😝
I just noticed that his red head was dry but his body was soaked. Maybe he didn't want to mess yo his 'do!

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
There are some BIG sales happening online here now, and Lovejoy was "helping" me by occupying the touchpad on my laptop and being a little bitey and defensive about it, thus preventing me from clicking on anything or adding it to my shopping basket. Check out the look in his eye - he KNOWS the budget for this month was blown already when Peach came onboard and he's not gonna let me buy anything else!!

q5POogt.jpg

None Shall Pass!!

40G7btW.jpg

He got some new flowers today, the golden wattles are in bloom and he's never seen them before. Took to them straight away though :)

45iifex.jpg

OBK1P7m.jpg

And shared them with Princess Peach too 💝

rDRYpYC.jpg

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Lovejoy says, "mama, you're looking at the wrong stuff! Only spending on toys for ME is allowed, got it!?" 🤣

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Lovejoy says, "mama, you're looking at the wrong stuff! Only spending on toys for ME is allowed, got it!?" 🤣
Oh there's a whole separate budget for that, as I think everyone here would know, bird stuff has it's own bottomless and endless line of credit!

Most Reactions