A sweet little birdie called Lovejoy 💖

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
When Julio elects to set in place his budget controls, he commonly sets-off unintended computer actions! It is interesting to watch him change his position between us and the screen as it changes to stay in tune with his changing craw positions.

One has to admit, that Lovejoy has excellent 'tastes' in his (your) floral choices.;)

onamom

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 9, 2022
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ona: Dilute Green Cheek Conure
Oh he looks just like Ona on my keyboard when she "helps" me!

The photos with the flowers are gorgeous!!

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
When Julio elects to set in place his budget controls, he commonly sets-off unintended computer actions! It is interesting to watch him change his position between us and the screen as it changes to stay in tune with his changing craw positions.

One has to admit, that Lovejoy has excellent 'tastes' in his (your) floral choices.;)
Oh he looks just like Ona on my keyboard when she "helps" me!

The photos with the flowers are gorgeous!!
Thank you and thank you! @SailBoat I imagine that HRH Julio would set off a LOT more unintended computer actions than little Lovejoy would, although he has stomped on the keyboard sufficiently hard to have sent off the odd unfinished email or two. Those touchpads are WAY too sensitive!

And @onamom, yes those flowers are amazing, aren't they? All the various flowers that I get for him are HUGELY attractive to bees though so it can make harvesting them a bit hazardous. No matter how hard I inspect them for tiny passengers, more than once we've ended up with a bee in the car or in the house! :eek:

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
Thank you and thank you! @SailBoat I imagine that HRH Julio would set off a LOT more unintended computer actions than little Lovejoy would, although he has stomped on the keyboard sufficiently hard to have sent off the odd unfinished email or two. Those touchpads are WAY too sensitive!

And @onamom, yes those flowers are amazing, aren't they? All the various flowers that I get for him are HUGELY attractive to bees though so it can make harvesting them a bit hazardous. No matter how hard I inspect them for tiny passengers, more than once we've ended up with a bee in the car or in the house! :eek:
Does Lovejoy eat flowers? If so, how do you know which flowers are safe? Has he ever eaten Nasturtiums? I grow them and heard the entire plant is edible and delicious.

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Does Lovejoy eat flowers? If so, how do you know which flowers are safe? Has he ever eaten Nasturtiums? I grow them and heard the entire plant is edible and delicious.
I only give him Aussie native flowers like eucalyptus, wattles, callistemons, grevilleas etc, though I read in other parts of the world some keepers will give them things like hibiscus and hawthorn. He doesn't eat the flowers as such, rather the nectar and/or pollen that they produce. Fortunately there's usually at least something native in bloom so i don't have to resort to anything else. :)

Oh and for birb tax, this just about has to be the handsomest pic I've ever got of him, totally by accident this morning. I was trying to get pics of Peach but he just had to stick his red head right in the way!

IMG_0923.jpeg

onamom

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 9, 2022
Indiana, USA
Parrots
I only give him Aussie native flowers like eucalyptus, wattles, callistemons, grevilleas etc, though I read in other parts of the world some keepers will give them things like hibiscus and hawthorn. He doesn't eat the flowers as such, rather the nectar and/or pollen that they produce. Fortunately there's usually at least something native in bloom so i don't have to resort to anything else. :)

Oh and for birb tax, this just about has to be the handsomest pic I've ever got of him, totally by accident this morning. I was trying to get pics of Peach but he just had to stick his red head right in the way!

View attachment 52053
STUNNING!!

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Several options available for a lorikeet’s dining pleasure today, so Lovejoy got a smorgasbord of golden wattle, Sydney wattle and white flowering paperbark. He was happy to share with Peachie too though she seems more interested in destruction.
IMG_0941.jpeg

He’s in there somewhere…
IMG_0953.jpeg

Funniest looking lorikeet I ever saw!
IMG_0960.jpeg

IMG_0962.jpeg

I tried to get the ‘tiels interested too but they seemed more keen on flying laps of the living room today. But it’s nice that Lovejoy is happy to share his bouquet with his pretty new girlfriend 💖

onamom

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 9, 2022
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Isn't that just precious. "Whatever Lovejoy does I will do too." - Peach :love: Little did she know when you brought her home she would be falling head over heels.

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Isn't that just precious. "Whatever Lovejoy does I will do too." - Peach :love: Little did she know when you brought her home she would be falling head over heels.
Lovejoy is not only handsome and charming but has impeccable manners where the ladyfolk are concerned too - he was brought up right!

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
I stumbled across a meme today whilst surfing the interwebz - it's original subject was cats but with the tiniest bit of tweakage it became absolutely perfect paired up with that very handsome pic of Lovejoy I took a few weeks back!

LJMEMEB.png

And I am too 🥰

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
That you are, and so am I to have my favorite little Aussie nephew! ♥️

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Awwwwwwwwwwwwww, thank you, fave Uncle Fred! You ought to know that one of the things he pooped on this afternoon was me. Part of the cost of doing business, i guess 😝

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Indeed. Welcome to my world 🌎🤣
I know for a fact neither of us would want to live in a world without a little bird :poop:. Or a lot!!! :poop::poop::poop::poop::poop:

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Your new El Presidente (Of The Month), Lovejoy, was treated to some delicacies with his breakfast this morning. There are some MASSIVE paperbark trees in back of our house, they're actually in next door's yard but they overhand our fence quite a bit. Unfortunately they are VERY tall and their flowers are usually out of reach, but this season there are a few lower hanging branches. They're still a long way up though, so my hubby got out the ladder and our long-handled loppers and, at great personal risk, was able to harvest a few flowers, and I supplemented them with some grevillea flowers from the tree across the road. Thankfully His Royal Haughtiness appreciated hubby's efforts in risking his neck!!

ljbfast1.jpeg

ljoybfast3.jpeg

ljoybfast2.jpeg

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
A feast fit for a king, or El Presidente as the case may be :)❤️

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
A feast fit for a king, or El Presidente as the case may be :)❤️
Don't go giving him ideas. El Presidente Of The Month today, he'll want to be King Of The World tomorrow!!

Fluffonia

Aug 4, 2023
Media
Slovenia
Parrots
Red sided ekkie female -
Ruby
Hatchingday- 14th of May, 2023
Soo cute! Welcome lovejoy! I hope that you have a long, wonderful, and happy life!

Most Reactions