A sweet little birdie called Lovejoy 💖

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Julio loves helping my dear wife when she is at the desk working. Julio's primary job is to cuts sheets of paper into bits. She states he tends to be choosey and commonly picks something she is working on. When she is vacuuming with the manual push vac he chases (directs) it. All in a day's work as a busy Amazon is a happy Amazon, or something like that.

Julio is coming with me to the cabin this weekend, as she states she needs to get more done.

Hey, they are just trying to be helpful, right!

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Awwwwww, smart little man! My Aussie nephew is growing up so fast! Just when you think he couldn't possibly get any cuter... ❤️❤️❤️

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Julio loves helping my dear wife when she is at the desk working. Julio's primary job is to cuts sheets of paper into bits. She states he tends to be choosey and commonly picks something she is working on. When she is vacuuming with the manual push vac he chases (directs) it. All in a day's work as a busy Amazon is a happy Amazon, or something like that.

Julio is coming with me to the cabin this weekend, as she states she needs to get more done.

Hey, they are just trying to be helpful, right!
I hope you and Julio enjoy your "boy's weekend" at the cabin, Mr Steven, it sounds like fun! 🤩

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Awwwwww, smart little man! My Aussie nephew is growing up so fast! Just when you think he couldn't possibly get any cuter... ❤️❤️❤️
Oh if it's cute you want ... doesn't get much cuter than his bouncy bouncy bouncy lorikeet hops across the tops of the cages or along the back of the couch. Still working on catching that on video too!

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Lovejoy has recently learned how to say "peekaboo", and he does it in Jem's voice. So much so that when I heard it this morning I assumed it was Jem, until I looked to see who was where and realised it was coming from Lovejoy. It is SO hard to catch him on video saying it because virtually every time he sees the camera on him he stops whatever he's doing, so this is as good as I can get for now - and there's a nice little bonus poop at the end too😝

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
Baby boy Lovejoy’s first big moult continues. He just about gave me heart failure a few days ago when I noticed a red splodge on his head, separate from the other red feathers on his crown. I thought maybe it was a spot of blood, and that perhaps he’d collided with something without my knowing. But once I put my glasses on 🙄 I realised it was a lone red feather, and he’s got a few more on the way now too. Guess that pretty red crown of his is set to get bigger!

Baby boy Lovejoy’s first big moult continues. He just about gave me heart failure a few days ago when I noticed a red splodge on his head, separate from the other red feathers on his crown. I thought maybe it was a spot of blood, and that perhaps he’d collided with something without my knowing. But once I put my glasses on 🙄 I realised it was a lone red feather, and he’s got a few more on the way now too. Guess that pretty red crown of his is set to get bigger!
View attachment 46434
My favorite, my favorite, my absolute favoritest! It's like the emergence of the true Lorikeet fire, and everybody look out!

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
My favorite, my favorite, my absolute favoritest! It's like the emergence of the true Lorikeet fire, and everybody look out!
Oh he's a bundle of fiery energy pretty much all day long alright, until the hour before bedtime when he wants a big snuggle with his mum - and heaven help me if I'm ever late with that!

Rozalka

May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Bourke's parrots, green cheeked conure
Lovejoy has recently learned how to say "peekaboo", and he does it in Jem's voice. So much so that when I heard it this morning I assumed it was Jem, until I looked to see who was where and realised it was coming from Lovejoy. It is SO hard to catch him on video saying it because virtually every time he sees the camera on him he stops whatever he's doing, so this is as good as I can get for now - and there's a nice little bonus poop at the end too😝

Congrats my fav Aussie nephew Lovejoy!

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Congrats my fav Aussie nephew Lovejoy!
Thank you Rozzy! I just put him to bed and he got an extra nitey nite kiss from you 💝

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
It IS both. It's all preening, just the matter of which he's preening. Feathers or toy... :) ❤️

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
It IS both. It's all preening, just the matter of which he's preening. Feathers or toy... :) ❤️
Plus it would appear a little bit of butt-feathering too, 'specially just for me 😝🥰💖

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Within a minute; preening, playing and butt feathering! WOW what an over achiever!!
He has seen all those Rb buttfeathering images and was inspired!!

Last edited:
OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Val was due for his annual wellness check this month, and as he and Lovejoy are now such close buddies that they even regurgitate to each other (rolls eyes), I figured I’d better take both of them for a check, and also to get a professional opinion on that particular behaviour. My vet, aka their Uncle Adrian, had no problem with it (thank goodness, like I’d be able to stop ‘em anyway!), their poop tests were all clear, and was so super happy with the way both of them looked that he declared they were the best looking birds he’d seen all week!! Naturally I agreed with him - bearing in mind of course that it was only Wednesday when he said it. Plus Lovejoy had his follow up blood test for psittacosis and is all clear for that too - yippeeeee!!

Here’s handsome Val…

handsomeval.jpeg

… and the two bestest buddies, and I could not be more proud of them!💖💖
E6746A16-EEE6-496E-98D0-350C9F0A2F17.jpeg

Last edited:

Most Reactions

Latest posts