LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
That’s great news! They are both very handsome.
Thank you @onamom, I think so too :love: :love:

The little besties are none the worse for wear after being poked and prodded and needled at the vet and happily playing together this morning. And I'm still waiting for that one last green feather to fall out of that sea of red on Lovejoy's head!

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Watching the two of them 'Rule the Roost' clearly defines they own this area and they enjoy each other.

Warning: Lovejoy could elect to leave that green feather just cause!! Or, make your day and send it flying, fondly filling that spot in with red!

Happy to hear that both did well at the Vet's clinic. Understanding what the Vet see, it is not surprising the response. I just grab those moments and smile.

Julio was in today for his monthly 'micro trim' of the pointy ends of his beak to minimize skin damage were he plucks. We are now at two years following this and his rump is a field of white downy feathers (cotton tail) and no blood. Its the small wins that fell so good.

Wow, those two guys of yours are stunners!

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Watching the two of them 'Rule the Roost' clearly defines they own this area and they enjoy each other.

Warning: Lovejoy could elect to leave that green feather just cause!! Or, make your day and send it flying, fondly filling that spot in with red!

Happy to hear that both did well at the Vet's clinic. Understanding what the Vet see, it is not surprising the response. I just grab those moments and smile.

Julio was in today for his monthly 'micro trim' of the pointy ends of his beak to minimize skin damage were he plucks. We are now at two years following this and his rump is a field of white downy feathers (cotton tail) and no blood. Its the small wins that fell so good.

Wow, those two guys of yours are stunners!
Thank you Uncle Boats - it sounds like we both had successful vet visits this week! 👍

It wouldn’t actually surprise me if Lovejoy held on to that one green feather. Val has one yellow feather among all the stripey ones in back of his head, perhaps Lovejoy might hold on to his stray green one too!
BDFAFE1C-C8F8-4B90-8251-189631C5CE92.jpeg

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Lovejoy is a beauty!!

Wish you could send me one of those lorikeets via priority mail! The colors are amazing!
Actually they're pretty rare as pets even here. My vet says he's the only varied lorikeet kept as a pet that he sees at his clinic, all the others are breeders and they are few and far between as well. I've wanted one ever since I first saw one in a pet shop about 30 years ago and was a bit too intimidated by the special diet etc to buy it at the time. I haven’t seen any in shops ever since then so I was very lucky to have found him💖 The little terrorist is playing hide and seek down the back of the couch now …
26FDF99C-57A3-46C6-BB37-F9D9E9333624.jpeg

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Thank you @onamom, I think so too :love: :love:

The little besties are none the worse for wear after being poked and prodded and needled at the vet and happily playing together this morning. And I'm still waiting for that one last green feather to fall out of that sea of red on Lovejoy's head!

Oh, seeing those two besties together warms my heart! What a wonderful, special relationship they have.

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Oh, seeing those two besties together warms my heart! What a wonderful, special relationship they have.
Oh it does mine too 💝 I'm particularly happy for Val, he has someone his own size (more or less) that he can be besties with now, who doesn't put him in hospital the way Lilly once did!! :eek:

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Oh it does mine too 💝 I'm particularly happy for Val, he has someone his own size (more or less) that he can be besties with now, who doesn't put him in hospital the way Lilly once did!! :eek:
Aww, that must make Val so happy to have a buddy like Lovejoy!
I just can't get over what a perfect name Lovejoy is for that gorgeous sweetheart:)

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
It really does suit him, he manages to pack a lot of both into that tiny little body! I've had the name picked out for a while, just waiting for him to come along and claim it :)

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
It really does suit him, he manages to pack a lot of both into that tiny little body! I've had the name picked out for a while, just waiting for him to come along and claim it :)
When it's right, it's right:)

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
So adorable!! Reminds me the song --- I will follow you, wherever you may go :love:
Yes they are, and yes it does! Watching the two of them play together is just the best pastime ever 💕 💕

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
One of these days, I hope I will pay them a personal visit. What kind of gift should I bring along you think??
Oh you could bring him some grevillea “Honey Gem” flowers. Lovejoy loves to eat them, the rest of the flock loves to destroy them – you’d be verrrrrrrrrrrry popular with the whole flock if you bring some of those!

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots

Rozalka

May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Bourke's parrots, green cheeked conure
Thank you Uncle Boats - it sounds like we both had successful vet visits this week! 👍

It wouldn’t actually surprise me if Lovejoy held on to that one green feather. Val has one yellow feather among all the stripey ones in back of his head, perhaps Lovejoy might hold on to his stray green one too!
View attachment 47337
Val 🤝 Romek
A yellow feather among stripes! Romek had exactly the same thing and I was curious what it means. I thought that maybe some sort of mutation? But it was kinda weird to me that only this one place was affected (Romek had it in the same place as Val)

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Val 🤝 Romek
A yellow feather among stripes! Romek had exactly the same thing and I was curious what it means. I thought that maybe some sort of mutation? But it was kinda weird to me that only this one place was affected (Romek had it in the same place as Val)
Awwwwww Rozzy, Romek was such a handsome boy too 💖 I'm so happy that he and Val have that stray feather in common, that's so cute!!

Most Reactions

Latest posts