onamom

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month ๐Ÿ†
May 9, 2022
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ona: Dilute Green Cheek Conure
I watch for Onaโ€™s morning ๐Ÿ’ฉ too because normally first thing I take her in the half bath with me and she ๐Ÿ’ฉ on the bathroom counter ๐Ÿ˜‚ sure keeps the cage cleaner that way.

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
I watch for Onaโ€™s morning ๐Ÿ’ฉ too because normally first thing I take her in the half bath with me and she ๐Ÿ’ฉ on the bathroom counter ๐Ÿ˜‚ sure keeps the cage cleaner that way.
Welcome to the merry band of birdie poop watchers, @onamom, though I will bet my house that Ona is much more considerate and punctual when it comes to letting rip that first poop in the morning! Lovejoy on the other hand likes to keep me waiting, and guessing, and waiting some more, if and when that poop will EVER materialise, and where on the Richter scale it will register when it finally does. I am constantly amazed at how much poop comes out of that little tiny bird! :poop::poop::poop:

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Lovejoy has been SUCH a good little birdy this morning! I had to cage him for a bit so I could get some housework done just that much quicker before it gets too hot here, and I've had a bit of a headache that meant I just wanted to get stuff done so I could sit down with a nice cup of coffee while my head got a bit better, which thankfully it has :) I fully expected him to give me the usual runaround once I let him out, the usual lorikeet hijinks he's infamous for, and he has been up to quite a few of those but not as many as usual. By and large however this morning he's been playing cutesie-like with Val, and amusing himself by playing with his toys too...

... and he's been buzzing over and sticking his beakie in my face quite a bit to check up on me ...

lovejoysagoodbirdy.jpeg

He did give me just a little bit of buttfeathering to reward my efforts from this morning too ...

lovejoybuttgeathers.jpeg

No good deed ever goes un-buttfeathered in this house!

Last edited:

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Awwwwwwwww, he's become such a happy confident little man! And that face!!! OMG I'm melting! โค๏ธโค๏ธโค๏ธ And of course a very cute fuzzy butt indeed! ๐Ÿคฃ Safe to say, his favorite American Uncle adores him! :)

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Awwwwwwwww, he's become such a happy confident little man! And that face!!! OMG I'm melting! โค๏ธโค๏ธโค๏ธ And of course a very cute fuzzy butt indeed! ๐Ÿคฃ Safe to say, his favorite American Uncle adores him! :)
You think he's cute there, you oughta see him all fuzzed up and blissed out at snuggle time - swooooooooooooooooonnnnnn!!! ๐Ÿ’ ๐Ÿ’ ๐Ÿ’ ๐Ÿฅฐ๐Ÿฅฐ๐Ÿฅฐ

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Sounds like a US favorite uncle contest in the making!!
Lovejoy's a lucky baby to have two such wonderful favourite uncles in the US ๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’– And he was back in top zoomy high octane form today, giving me the run around between all the spots he KNOWS he's not supposed to land on so goodness knows I need all the help wrangling him that I can get!! But he did settle down for his bedtime snuggle so I made sure he got lots of nitey nite scritches and kisses from his favourite Uncle SailSaxBoatGuy!!

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
A little afternoon photo spamโ˜บ๏ธ Seems weโ€™ve had a breakthrough on the bathing front, heโ€™s had a big bath for probably 4 out of the last 5 days which is pretty huge considering he was a bit of an aquaphobe for a while there. Couldnโ€™t resist posting pics of the aftermath, theyโ€™re just too cute not to have!
6619D081-D6E1-478F-91EE-CB12A1C778DB.jpeg

7166670E-27B7-4493-880E-E49B49FC7DCC.jpeg

AB0EC261-F12A-4449-9DCA-1EA09CFB2C4B.jpeg

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
He looks so happy and clean!
And he smells all nectar-powdery-fresh too! Best bit is he's worked out that he needs to flap a bit harder to get airborne after he's had a bath, so I don't need to lock him up until he dries off anymore to prevent him from crashing (y)(y)(y)

Last edited:

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
It's all about that balance of two much of a good thing and two little. Companion Parrots quickly determine that the more the better as they can demand transport service from their Human Staff.

That is one very happily wet Bird and after drying a very striking one!!

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Companion Parrots quickly determine that the more the better as they can demand transport service from their Human Staff.
Don't I know it, Uncle Boats!!! And I also know, just as each and every one of us here does, that we consider the provision of those various services to be more than adequate compensation for everything that they give us in return ๐Ÿ’–

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Some Val & Lovejoy cuteness from this morning ๐Ÿฅฐ It's a miracle i get anything done around the house at all with these two around, it's so easy to while away a whole morning just watching how cute they are together, and i caught just a tiny bit of them playing footsies in this video too. Sadly a noisy miner bird outside started up an alarm call so Val took off and playtime came to an abrupt end, but I'm just so happy they that love each other so much!

Rozalka

May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Bourke's parrots, green cheeked conure
Some Val & Lovejoy cuteness from this morning ๐Ÿฅฐ It's a miracle i get anything done around the house at all with these two around, it's so easy to while away a whole morning just watching how cute they are together, and i caught just a tiny bit of them playing footsies in this video too. Sadly a noisy miner bird outside started up an alarm call so Val took off and playtime came to an abrupt end, but I'm just so happy they that love each other so much!

They are cute
At the end of the video Zenek and one of the Bourkes started calling Val to join them ๐Ÿ˜…

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
They are cute
At the end of the video Zenek and one of the Bourkes started calling Val to join them ๐Ÿ˜…
Thank you Rozzy ๐Ÿฅฐ I'll tell Val in the morning how much his Polish cousins enjoyed his singing, he's always been a wonderful little singer!

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Nothing like the joy of playing! Some miner bird's just can stand when others are having fun!!
Oh Mr Boats, the miners are always starting up something around here. They are VERY territorial and they do fight among themselves quite a bit too, there are always lots of family squabbles and vying for supremacy within the flock so we hear them all day long, and it's how "noisy miners" earned their name. But they get MOST agitated when they spot a kookaburra or currawong lurking around because they prey on other birds' eggs and chicks, and that's the alarm call that always sets all of my guys off too, it's just one of those things that's hard-wired into their brains. Guess it just goes to show you can take the parrot out of the wild but you can't ever completely take the wild out of the parrot!

Last edited:
OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
And then, how to we get Humans to understand that!! The Threads are near endless: Help, my Parrot doesn't love to cuddle with me, etc, etc, etc...
Mr Boats if I knew the solution to that, I'd bottle it and sell it and make a fortune and I'd even cut you in for a share of the profits!

Most Reactions

Latest posts