Air Purifiers

ZephyrFly

Sep 21, 2014
UK
Parrots
Pazu - Green Cheek Conure - Hatch Date ~27 September 2014~
We're thinking of getting an air purifier, I know we shouldn't use an ionic one but what if it has an adjustable ionic setting? I.e. the ionic can be turned off.

I'm finding a lot of purifiers that have good reviews have a setting control for ionic but very few just don't have it at all. Honestly I don't want it anyway but if it's turned off should that solve my problem? All the ones I look at have a HEPA filter.

Last edited:

Dinosrawr

Aug 15, 2013
Saskatoon, SK, Canada
Parrots
Avery, a GCC born on March 5th, 2013 & Shiko, a blue IRN born on February 25th, 2014
If it's off, I'd assume it's safe. But I'd email and ask how the off feature works just to ease your concerns.

OP
ZephyrFly

ZephyrFly

Sep 21, 2014
UK
Parrots
Thanks, I have just messaged them and am waiting for a reply.
The product I'm looking at is:
Bionaireยฎ HEPA Type Air Purifier - Model #BAP9240

Independent ioniser, on the manufacturers site there is even a piece about not using the ioniser setting around pet birds due to risks. Asked them too if the product isnt good to suggest a better product.

KrisandPenelope

Aug 23, 2015
North Carolina
Parrots
Penelope Primrose: Crimson bellied conure
I got this air purifier when I purchased my bird. MinusA2 Air Purifier ? Rabbit Air
It is a tad expensive, but it does wonders and it has an off setting for the ions. Not only did I hear good things about the purifier from other members on the forum, but it was also recommended in the Bird Fancy magazine.

OP
ZephyrFly

ZephyrFly

Sep 21, 2014
UK
Parrots
Although there are some exceptions, a lot of the products recommended on here I can't find in the UK.
The one I'm looking at has great reviews online and the ioniser can be turned off separately to the rest of the device.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Not sure about availability where you are, but we use Honeywell Air Genius 5s in all the bird rooms and they work really well.

riddick07

Dec 22, 2011
PA
Parrots
Blue & Gold Macaw (Titan) & Yellow Naped Amazon (Kelly)
I use an austinair for my guys.

OP
ZephyrFly

ZephyrFly

Sep 21, 2014
UK
Parrots
Thanks for the suggestions, I am looking into them as well as mine (still looking into my original idea though).

Off topic a sec but reddick07, your profile picture is adorable.

Most Reactions

Latest posts