Albie has started a new thing

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month πŸ†
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
Albie - Pineapple Green Cheek Conure - Hatch date 14 Dec 2019 - Gotcha date - 4 March 2020
Well 2 new things.

The first is he gets jealous when hubby and me cuddle on the sofa, so to seperate us, he flies over to the desk and starts throwing everything off that isn't nailed down. Then when I go over he fluffs up, stamps his little feet and chitters away at me like he's telling me off, only it's so adorable I can't help but coo at him which makes him more annoyed.

The second is he's taken to plucking out out arm hair. It's not preening, he's actually yanking it out! It hurts! And when he does it he either laughs or goes eh-eh depening on his mood. I found it halarious when it was just hubby being plucked..... Until he created a bald spot on my arm.... Wonder if I could train him to do eye brows.... I'd make a fortune of a specialty eyebrow service.....

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
Umbrella Cockatoo- 15? years old..I think?
Haha - like a new "threading" service...but with flair!

Try to keep hormones down the best you can and keep sleep consistent etc, but I'm basically rooting for this eyebrow gig! lol

OP
Stitchthestitch

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month πŸ†
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
Albie - Pineapple Green Cheek Conure - Hatch date 14 Dec 2019 - Gotcha date - 4 March 2020
We have him on a very consistent schedule for sleep and we keep him out of dank spaces along with all the other very good advice on here.
Honestly? I'd probably make a tonne of mistakes ofvo didn't have you guys helping me when I need it. So thank you

T00tsyd

May 8, 2017
UK
Parrots
Green cheek conure - Sydney (Syd) Hatched 2/2017
Mmm is he hormonal? Has he decided to get a wee bit jealous of the two of you together? Looking at his hatch date perhaps this is the adult rather than the baby Albie that you are seeing.

OP
Stitchthestitch

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month πŸ†
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
He's great with both of us and I think it's more of a game with him as he get bored when we're sit binge watching tv as he usually starts it after 3 episodes of what ever show we're watching.

Albie joins us for meal times and doesn't do it when we sit eating together, he doesn't do it if we only watch 1 episode, we can hug and kiss and get no reaction what so ever from him.

fiddlejen

Mar 28, 2019
Media
New England
Parrots
Sunny the Sun Conure (sept '18, gotcha 3/'19). Mr Jefferson Budgie & Mrs Calliope Budgie (albino) (nov'18 & jan'19). Summer 2021 Baby Budgies: Riker (Green); Patchouli, Keye, & Tiny (blue greywings).
OOhh you need to do what I do for my Jefferson budgie! Put on some youtube Birdie videos for him, Maybe he will sit and bingewatch with you!

(Or, maybe you or hubby will be the ones tossing the desk from boredom after awhile...)

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Whatever the cause - likely hormonal - at least it is relatively benign behavior!

I can see the sign now: Eyebrows by Albie

OP
Stitchthestitch

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month πŸ†
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
A unique eyebrow grooming experience

Small print : may cause total eyebrow loss and potential bleeding and maybe even beard loss. We accept no responsibility for the actions of albie's services

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
Umbrella Cockatoo- 15? years old..I think?
A unique eyebrow grooming experience

Small print : may cause total eyebrow loss and potential bleeding and maybe even beard loss. We accept no responsibility for the actions of albie's services

**In fast-forwarded, quiet voice at the end of commercial**
"May cause total loss of eye, blindness, retinal bleeding, corneal lacerations, alopecia, cardiac arrest or, in rare cases, death"

Normal voice: "ask your doctor before using Albie Brow"

Don't you love prescription drug commercials!

Last edited:
OP
Stitchthestitch

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month πŸ†
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
Hahahahah noodles, that halarious!

Most Reactions