Albie just woke me like a dog!

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
Albie - Pineapple Green Cheek Conure - Hatch date 14 Dec 2019 - Gotcha date - 4 March 2020
Hubby got upl early with albie so I could sleep in as we've a new cooker coming (don't worry, it's enamel lined, not catalytic/self cleaning, I spent ages finding the right one to keep albie safe) . Hubby came up stairs to let me know when it's due and albie followed, like he usually does when one of us goes upstairs.

Albie saw me, trilled and came to me, and then he gstarted kissing me, trilling and making sweet little noises, preening and licking me whilst scrambling over my face! He was super sweet and adorable! Even hubbys heart melted. Needless to say, I got up for him.

Don't worry, I never nap with him as I'd be terrified of squishing him. I was waking up when they came in the room any way.

Why can't he be this sweet all the time? Why does he have to have a tiny terror mode? Hahaha

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Very simple! They never want us to get overly comfortable! Best to keep you on your toes. Also, they want us to appreciate them when they are in that loving, kind mood.

OP
Stitchthestitch

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
Albie - Pineapple Green Cheek Conure - Hatch date 14 Dec 2019 - Gotcha date - 4 March 2020
Well we had to send the blasted cooker back. They wouldn't fit it due to company policy stating that where it needs to go (which is the only place in my kitchen it can go) is unsafe due to the wooden window frame. So now I need to get a refund, then buy the same cooker but with out it being fitted by the company.

He certainly does keep me on my toes. He's such a snuggle butt at the moment, I'm loving it. We were sat watching TV and he hopped on my lap and dozed off in my hand while I was scritching his head, he looked so blissful and innocent.

Cagzo

Jan 14, 2020
Media
Mid Glamorgan,South Wales,UK
Parrots
One Pineapple Conure.
Hatched late 2018.
Thats lovely Stitch, I wish Connie was as sweet! ATM shes a bitey bird,doesnt like my hand going in the cage even with food! Fortunately its just hands,I can still trust her on my shoulder. Not sure if its puberty (shes coming up to 2) or the fact that the poor little thing has been moulting for months,and has a bunch of nasty pins on the back of her neck. I'm inclined to think its the moult. Normally she loves a head scritch,but is a bit reluctant.

Cagzo

Jan 14, 2020
Media
Mid Glamorgan,South Wales,UK
Parrots
One Pineapple Conure.
Hatched late 2018.
I shouldnt laugh,but they are funny! Obviously doesnt want you to give the keyboard your attention........arent they quick with those beaks?!

fiddlejen

Mar 28, 2019
Media
New England
Parrots
Sunny the Sun Conure (sept '18, gotcha 3/'19). Mr Jefferson Budgie & Mrs Calliope Budgie (albino) (nov'18 & jan'19). Summer 2021 Baby Budgies: Riker (Green); Patchouli, Keye, & Tiny (blue greywings).
Hmm, he is clearly having fun but are you?

IF not. If it were me I would let him bite me and then move my hand closer -- gently, not meanly. My theory of bite-pressure-training... which of course is based only on my experience of ONE bird... is ****WITH CAVEATS AND LOTS OF LOVE**** that "IF You Bite Me, what you get is What You DidN't Want."

So for me, in an instance like this where he is nipping you to make your hand go away from the keyboard, for me this is a setup for a learning experience for my bird. (if possibly a bloody experience for me.) Each nip or bite would just be entirely accepted and the hand being bitten would just move closer each time to where the bird does not want the hand, whether closer to the keyboard or closer touching the bird. Or even gently GENTLY pushing the hand inward into the beak that is doing the biting.

AGAIN -- (I know you know this Stitch, but for anyone else who might read this) -- doing this NOT in Any Sort of Mean NOR Punitive Way -- but just in a way that helps reinforce to birdie that that, Gee, when I Nip or Bite someone, what I get is not the fun and interesting response I was hoping for! INstead, if I nip or bite I get a more boring response that Slightly Intereferes with my Fun.

And again -- this is all, only in case You were not fully-enjoying that interaction. Albie clearly Was having a blast, and, if that's alright with yo,u then it is just a wonderful video! :)

OP
Stitchthestitch

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots

IF not. If it were me I would let him bite me and then move my hand closer -- gently, not meanly. My theory of bite-pressure-training... which of course is based only on my experience of ONE bird... is ****WITH CAVEATS AND LOTS OF LOVE**** that "IF You Bite Me, what you get is What You DidN't Want."

So for me, in an instance like this where he is nipping you to make your hand go away from the keyboard, for me this is a setup for a learning experience for my bird. (if possibly a bloody experience for me.) Each nip or bite would just be entirely accepted and the hand being bitten would just move closer each time to where the bird does not want the hand, whether closer to the keyboard or closer touching the bird. Or even gently GENTLY pushing the hand inward into the beak that is doing the biting.

AGAIN -- (I know you know this Stitch, but for anyone else who might read this) -- doing this NOT in Any Sort of Mean NOR Punitive Way -- but just in a way that helps reinforce to birdie that that, Gee, when I Nip or Bite someone, what I get is not the fun and interesting response I was hoping for! INstead, if I nip or bite I get a more boring response that Slightly Intereferes with my Fun.

And again -- this is all, only in case You were not fully-enjoying that interaction. Albie clearly Was having a blast, and, if that's alright with yo,u then it is just a wonderful video! :)

We were both having fun, and we know when to stop with it too. I know there's no sound on the video, it's only because I hate the sound of my voice, but please let me reassure you that i am indeed giggling away with him. He's so gentle when he does "get" me. I've another video of him guarding a box of veggies :D

OP
Stitchthestitch

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
I shouldnt laugh,but they are funny! Obviously doesnt want you to give the keyboard your attention........arent they quick with those beaks?!

That is exactly what he's doing, he doesnt want the keyboard getting the attention he wants the attention. He is very quick with his beak but he's also very gentle with it

fiddlejen

Mar 28, 2019
Media
New England
Parrots
Sunny the Sun Conure (sept '18, gotcha 3/'19). Mr Jefferson Budgie & Mrs Calliope Budgie (albino) (nov'18 & jan'19). Summer 2021 Baby Budgies: Riker (Green); Patchouli, Keye, & Tiny (blue greywings).

IF not....
.... .....

We were both having fun, and we know when to stop with it too. I know there's no sound on the video, it's only because I hate the sound of my voice, but please let me reassure you that i am indeed giggling away with him. He's so gentle when he does "get" me. I've another video of him guarding a box of veggies :D

Oh good! I'm so glad to hear that. And, he is such a cutie!! Your little guard-dinosaur, protecting your keyboard from you!

OP
Stitchthestitch

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots

IF not....
.... .....

Oh good! I'm so glad to hear that. And, he is such a cutie!! Your little guard-dinosaur, protecting your keyboard from you!

He is a really cutie, every one who's been able to meet him so far absolutely adores him.

Most Reactions

Latest posts