Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Well he's just little. He's got to get up close to inspect all those colors. For sorting purposes, of course 🤣🙄

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
I used to be a cross-stitcher until I got a lorikeet. Sorting the colours and keeping them untangled with a lorikeet around is impossible, and I don't know how she did it, but Lilly would ALWAYS stick her beakie dangerously in the way of my needle, so I had to give it away. Lovejoy is no better, I tried to do some hand stitching alterations yesterday but he was doing the same thing so i had to cage him until I finished. I will guarantee you that Albie is 100% better mannered than either of those two!!

T00tsyd

May 8, 2017
UK
Parrots
Green cheek conure - Sydney (Syd) Hatched 2/2017
I had a terrifying afternoon a month or so ago when Syd got into an argument with a reel of cotton that I had stupidly left around. Somehow he got it around his one wing and tail feathers and I knew nothing until he suddenly took to the air obviously in a panic.

When I got to him he was dangling head down held by the thread from the side of his cage and he tore me to shreds as I made vain efforts to get hold of him and disentangle him. I could see feathers breaking everywhere as he fought me off and the result was that he dropped to the floor. He lost about 5 tail feathers and a couple of wing ones and was very traumatised for most of the afternoon. I'm not sure I breathed much for a few hours.

Fortunately he is back to his normal self and with renewed feathers and seems none the worse, but it was a very rapid learning curve for yours truly. Another mistake that I won't repeat.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Mine mine mine
A clip from the other night haha
Oh my gosh, it's so good to see Albie back to his adorable self! He really, really wanted that floss for himself...uh, I mean he really wanted to help:)

I had a terrifying afternoon a month or so ago when Syd got into an argument with a reel of cotton that I had stupidly left around. Somehow he got it around his one wing and tail feathers and I knew nothing until he suddenly took to the air obviously in a panic.

When I got to him he was dangling head down held by the thread from the side of his cage and he tore me to shreds as I made vain efforts to get hold of him and disentangle him. I could see feathers breaking everywhere as he fought me off and the result was that he dropped to the floor. He lost about 5 tail feathers and a couple of wing ones and was very traumatised for most of the afternoon. I'm not sure I breathed much for a few hours.

Fortunately he is back to his normal self and with renewed feathers and seems none the worse, but it was a very rapid learning curve for yours truly. Another mistake that I won't repeat.
Wow, that had to be terrifying! I'll bet you were as traumatized as Syd was:(

Most Reactions

Latest posts