Albie said a new phrase !

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
Albie - Pineapple Green Cheek Conure - Hatch date 14 Dec 2019 - Gotcha date - 4 March 2020
Its "got the beaky"

Its a silly game we play and he said it so Clearly even my husband heard it !

He never ceases to suprise and amaze me

Attachments

• 20221227_223540.jpg
    20221227_223540.jpg
    199.2 KB · Views: 35

zERo

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 9, 2021
Media
Texas
Parrots
Tony-Green QP(M)
Tom-Pineapple GCC(M)
Milly- Sparrow (F)
It's so cool when they start to say something new! Especially when you've been trying to teach them! 😊

OP
Stitchthestitch

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
Albie - Pineapple Green Cheek Conure - Hatch date 14 Dec 2019 - Gotcha date - 4 March 2020
I wasnt trying to teach him it at all , its just a silly game where he places his beak between my finger and thumb (i do not grab his beak ,he chooses to do this) and i say got the beak to him , he loves it and gets really silly

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
I love it when they pick up something we weren't trying to teach them!
I'd love to hear Albie's sweet voice if you can get him on video:) However, if he's like my guys they won't say a word when the phone comes out..lol

Jax, my GCC, only says a few things. He says, "Step Up" , "Hello", "Green Green" which is his nickname, and he still calls for Phoe. There is something so precious about a conure's voice:)

OP
Stitchthestitch

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
@Terry57 Albie is the same, completely camera-shy. The moment I even move my phone, he stops whatever ever he's doing and shuts up! Its the only time I can guarantee to get him to be quiet

Albie can now say :

Love you

Gentle (usually after hes bitten)

Pika pika

Peekaboo

Thank you

Bed time

Bath time

Got the beaky

Bat bird

Yeah

No

What

Eh-eh (he tells himself off when hes doing something he knows he shouldnt)

He also does :

Big kiss

Little kisses

Laughs menacingly

And he tries to hum a long to music

Eta : he also says good night too

Last edited:

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Holy cow, he has a huge vocabulary, especially for a GCC, that's awesome!
None of my conures have a large vocabulary. After Jax, the next would be Jury the Jenday, and he only says "Step up!" and Pretty, Pretty Bird". He's so funny when he talks because it almost sounds like he's screaming.

I see Albie just turned 3, so...

Happy Belated Hatchday Albie!!!

onamom

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 9, 2022
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ona: Dilute Green Cheek Conure
That’s adorable!!! I finally got Ona saying step up on video and posted it to her thread. Albie can say a lot of things!

OP
Stitchthestitch

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
@Terry57 i had no idea that was cconsidered a high vocabulary for a gcc ,thats insane ! Although , it goes to show how much i must talk to him on a daily basis .

And yes , he turned 3 on the 14th . Hes no longer a baby any more !

@onamom Ona is doing amazing ! Shes such a smart pretty girl

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
We play “gotcher beak” but I haven’t heard anybody say “gotcher beak.”

Someone was practicing the word “pretty” yesterday but I couldn’t tell which bird it was.

Albie is a really good talker! My old greencheek only said a few things. I think his were “dammit” “baby” and “love you”. Which suited him very well.

Last edited:
OP
Stitchthestitch

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
@HeatherG Thank you , he is a good talker isnt he ? I feel like such a proud mum !

I spend literal hours just talking to him , and having conversations with him . He does respond with a lot of gibberish but i feel like hes chatting back , i can certainly tell when hes being sassy and giving back chat , when he telling me off , when hes being sweet and lovey ,its in his tones ,pitch and how quickly he chatters along with feather fluffing and nody language .

Albie gets very involed with conversations. I like to think he understands a lot of what tell him , but who knows . I figure flocks are all chatting to each other in the wild ,why not a flock in the home ?

Most Reactions

Latest posts