onamom

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month ๐Ÿ†
May 9, 2022
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ona: Dilute Green Cheek Conure
Oh wow! Well congrats!!! Extra precautions, I'd watch out for nesting behavior or anything that could look like she is trying to lay an egg. Sometimes I have to watch how I touch/cuddle Ona to prevent her from getting too hormonal. I try to keep most of the touching from the side instead of around the back. Although I will admit sometimes I still can't resist doing a the hand wrap cuddle from time to time.

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month ๐Ÿ†
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Congrats on your bouncing -girl! Now she is ? What? Albina? Albertia? J/k, I am sure she could care less what you call her, just as long as the food keeps coming!

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
Congrats on your bouncing -girl! Now she is ? What? Albina? Albertia? J/k, I am sure she could care less what you call her, just as long as the food keeps coming!
I'd keep calling her Albie. I named my baby budgie Rocky when I thought I had a male and HER name is still Rocky!

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
I like to think Albie is a unisex name , its pretty and cute ๐Ÿ˜ short for Alberta XD
I think so too. And who knows, maybe you just had a tiny inkling in the back of your mind that she *might* just be a girl, even if you didn't realise it at the time ๐Ÿ’–

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Yeah , we always knew there was a chance she was a girl regardless of what the breeder said and in this case he was wrong
She's still every bit as adorable! โค๏ธ

Most Reactions