Alexandrine

Munalondon

Nov 15, 2021
Parrots
1 alexandrine
I have had my female Alexandrine for 9 months now but she does not talk. She must be around 4 years old. She can wolf whistle and the normal whistle when she calls me or when I say no to her. Do you think it's to late now and she will never talk? She likes me a lot and follows me everywhere. When I call her and ask her to come she will.
IMG_20211110_204814.jpg

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
look at that awesome gorgeous girl!!!! You guys have a great bond, sounds like she choose you.

I hope your love doesn't have talking conditions? But I say no it isn't to late at all for some words to be learned. Green cheek aren't known to be good talkers, and I never expected mine to speak. But at 5 years she just boom started saying several words and phrases. ;)

You've only had her 4 months, abd because she is obviously bonded with you, I bet she will learn one or two words . But as yiu know some parrots just don't talk. If she like whistles and noises, you guys can play with those

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (blue, yellowface, and dilute budgies)
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon)
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Snowberry (yellow-crowned amazon)
Cricket (pacific parrotlet)
Welcome to the forums, you and your beautiful alexandrine! She's a wonderful bird, I bet you love her so much!

OP
Munalondon

Munalondon

Nov 15, 2021
Parrots
1 alexandrine
Oh yes I love her, we bonded after 2 days, it is ok if she does not talk but one work would be nice.Al she is very naughty, she chews and chews, has destroyed doors frames and now my clothes when she is on my shoulder, I say no no no and I think she knows I am not happy.

Most Reactions

Latest posts