All about me :)

apatrimo94

Jun 15, 2010
Media
Hudson Valley, New York
Parrots
Bartleby-Pearl Cockatiel
S'mores-Albino Parakeet
(Thanks to Ratzy) I'd like to tell you all more about me.

My full name is Diego Anthony Patrimonio (you can look me up on facebook, just don't put my middle name in the search). I'm 16 years old. I was born in Brooklyn, NY and I moved to the Hudson Valley region of NY when I was 5. When I was born, I was born hearing impaired and unable to walk. I had to wear leg braces until I was about 7 years old when I was able to fully walk without them. Today, I still struggle with walking straight sometimes and I have poor balances sometimes. As for my hearing impairment, I struggle with it everyday, but I manage just fine with hearing aids. But I never let my disabilities stop me. I go out and I live my life everyday, with my family, friends, the people I care about (including you guys!) and, of course, my fids. I currently attend high school. I'm a junior (11th grade), which means only 2 more years until college. I plan on majoring in Marine Mammology (dolphins, whales, seals, etc). I love sports, especially soccer. I used to play on my town's soccer team until I retired two years ago from continuous injuries. I'm a pretty popular kid at school. Almost everyone knows me. I'm a serious "tree hugger." I get involved a lot in my school and community to deal with environmental issues. I'm part of a few clubs in my school, Marine Biology Club, Environmental Awareness, Swing Dance Performers, Word of Mouth Poets, etc. My favorite food is pizza, color is green, and I LOVE wearing different sunglasses (I have over 30 different colors and designs!!!)

I've had a few pets growing up, mostly aquatic. My first pet was a rabbit, and at the time, we had no idea had to properly care for it, so it only lsted a few months. Then we had two chickens for a few months, but my grandmother turned them into dinner. Then after that, it was strictly reptiles and aquatic animals. I've had over 20 hermit crabs, tons of fishes (freshwater), and frogs. I've had one leopard gecko for a few years until my mom gave him away while I was at school. He was too much money to care for at the time. To today, where I have my fids and my 7 year old tortoise, Shelby. Both Bartleby (cockatiel) and S'mores (parakeet) are both rescues from places in Brooklyn.

That's pretty much my life story. Hopefully you guys enjoyed reading about it as much as I enjoyed living it :)

Pheonix Rising

Oct 9, 2010
New Zealand
Parrots
Pheonix-Alexandrine parrot
1 September 2010
mikki- barrarand x king parrot
21yrs young ;)
Hi diego
sounds like you have been thru alot in your short life
I was born pigeon toed and have had 18 operations to walk straight ( last 1 was 10yrs ago ) I'm still learning but getting better every day

Sounds like you really care about animals and the environent
I wish more people did
bet you can't wait till college learning everything for your future
what an awesome job choice life will never be dull in a job like that

We have had a few large pods of whales strand themselves lately which Is totally horrible
I went up and helped out in the latest one man what a moving experiance
luckily rescued 23 of 36 it's truely something I will never forget

Lovely to hear about you
keep up the good work and the study
before you know it you'll be living your dream

OP
apatrimo94

apatrimo94

Jun 15, 2010
Media
Hudson Valley, New York
Parrots
Bartleby-Pearl Cockatiel
S'mores-Albino Parakeet
We have had a few large pods of whales strand themselves lately which Is totally horrible
I went up and helped out in the latest one man what a moving experiance
luckily rescued 23 of 36 it's truely something I will never forget.

Wow, that's sounds like an amazing experience. Not that I want any to happen, but it's one of my dreams to help rescue standed whales and dolphins back to the ocean.

Bobby34231

Jun 25, 2010
Media
Albums
Sarasota,Florida
Parrots
Quincy - Blue Throated Macaw, Skittles and Dusty - Rose Breasted Too's,
Joey - Yellow Crown Amazon, Ashley - CAG
Small world, I'm from the Hudson valley as well :)
Nyack, Rockland County.........

bogo1

Jun 22, 2010
Media
Albums
Missouri
Parrots
Sam (GCC)
Gem (CBC)
Merry and Teechka (parakeets)
and non FIDS:
Harvey and Jed (dogs) Jolte and Churney (cats) Twister and Mac (horses) Nikolas and Aleksndr (ducks )
Diego, it is a pleasure to meet you by name. My son is also in 11th grade. Are you certain it is okay to give your whole name and such specific data on where you live. Remember that anyone can visit this forum. Good luck with your studies!

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
Ap you are inspiration, look how far and how well you have done
Follow your dreams, they are only an arms reach away
you deserve all the happiness in the world

ladymorraine

Sep 24, 2010
Eastern Panhandle WV
Hi man. Good Luck. I know what it's like to be hard of hearing and pigoen toed. Only I lost part of my hearing when I was a teen due to headphones. I like loud music. Still do, but now at more moderate levels. I blew part of my eardrum in one of my ears so I only hear at 50% in it. And my kids know it. Little brats... LOL. And no one told me being pigoen toed could be fixed so I still am and occationally trip over my own feet. That is funny. I am clumsy oh well. Good luck with your last two years of school.

Most Reactions